Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
New Xbox is backwards compatible both with Xbox one games (and previous games backwards compatible from orig Xbox/x360), but also with all Xbox One controllers and other hardware.

The final batch of backwards compatible games was released as well, including the rest of the splinter cell series and unreal champ 2/unreal tourney 3. They will be releasing a free game as well (too human) to download as well to end the bc program.

I am glad they got over 600 Xbox original/360 games working but still wish they were releasing more.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xbox-backward-compatibility/

No idea if anything will change with games for gold, the Xbox 360 games are currently required to be backwards compatible, but that wasn’t the case before backwards compatibility was started. We will see what happens.

Reactions: MisterSavage

Burningtime

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2015
BOSTON, MA.
Elden Ring is what I'm most excited about. This feels like some sort of insane dream having my two favorite fantasy creators working together on one project.
Reading how hyped some of the insiders who got to see it first hand is making me lose my mind over this. I can't wait.

Other than that, it was a decent e3. Microsoft and Sony will once again have fairly similar consoles but the SSD's and much better CPUs are good to hear about.
I don't care about streaming at all but it's good to see all of them push the tech forward.
Nintendo killed it once again. Link's Awakening remake, Final Fantasy 8 remastered (!!) and DaemonxMachina are my top picks from them for the year and of course the announcement of Breath of the Wild's sequel. Oh boy.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 10, 2018
Elden Ring is what I'm most excited about. This feels like some sort of insane dream having my two favorite fantasy creators working together on one project.
Reading how hyped some of the insiders who got to see it first hand is making me lose my mind over this. I can't wait.

I'll have to check that out. I'm so behind on my E3 news. I'm most excited about Cyberpunk.

Burningtime

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2015
BOSTON, MA.
I'll have to check that out. I'm so behind on my E3 news. I'm most excited about Cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk will be amazing. I'm absolutely getting that day one. It's gonna be a packed year for games. 2020 is shaping up to be like 2017 all over again.

But nothing is gonna top Elden Ring for me. This is like my dream game. The Dark Souls games along with Bloodborne and Sekiro have already cemented Hidetaka Miyazaki as my favorite game creator of all time and it looks like this will be absolutely unreal.

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
So another E3 come and gone. Pretty lackluster overall, especially with no Sony there. Here are my thoughts on the major announcements:

Google: I don't buy into the Stadia cloud gaming thing. Latency and ISP data caps prevent me from ever considering this.

EA: SW:Jedi Fallen Order looked pretty boring to me. I hope it turns out well as I want to see single player action games continue to be made. Not interested in the other EA crap. Funny that Anthem was not even shown.

Microsoft: Nothing much on Scarlet, but at least we know it's coming out Holiday 2020. Not interested in their new xCloud gaming service (see google). Cyberpunk 2077 with Keanu looks pretty sweet. Elden Ring reveal, YES, I am very excited for this one!

Ubisoft: Watchdogs Legions looks awesome, but am cautiously optimistic. Uplay+, no thanks. Where was Skull and Bones?

Bethesda: Doom and Wolfenstein don't interest me too much. Tokyo Ghostwire might, I don't know. Also talked about Cloud gaming, no thanks!

Square Enix: FF7 looks incredible! While I hate turn based combat games, it looks like there is flexibility in how combat is handled so I might give it a chance. Biggest concern with it is they are going to milk it over several releases, with only Midgard area available on first release. This 'might' be ok if there is enough content in each release to justify the price.
No gameplay shown for Avengers, so can't get too excited about this just yet. I don't mind new actors portraying the characters.

Nintendo: Astral Chain I was most excited for (Platinum games rocks!), but controls look complicated. I remain optimistic. New Contra game (Rogue Corps) I was all crazy excited for until I found it was going to be an isometric twin stick shooter. I'm sorry, that's not Contra! Luigi's Mansion looks great! Witcher 3 on Switch? Sure, it won't play as good as PS4, but for on the go, why not! Banjo Kazoozie Smash trailer was fun. Zelda Link's Awakening does nothing for me, but BOTW2 reveal is something to be excited for. Marvel Ultimate Alliance looks interesting. I was half expecting an announcement for a lower cost Switch, but nothing there. Sorry Animal Crossing is delayed for fans of that game.

PC Gaming Show and Miscellaneous: Nothing stood out really, but lots of good indie games to look forward to. That Shark RPG could be fun maybe. Fall Guys (100 player silly race thing) looks ridiculously fun. Oh, Borderlands 3 of course, but I haven't played those game yet. Code Vein, an Anime style soulsbourne style game code be good. Remnant: From the Ashes, a 3rd person shooter soulsbourne game also perked my interest.

Overall: Elden Ring is my most anticipated game by far despite no gameplay shown. Cyberpunk, FF7, and Astral Chain are on my wish list too.

Next year's E3 2020, with Scarlet and PS5 that year, will be amazing I bet. Let's hope Sony decides to go to that one to make it a real show!

YOU'RE BREATHTAKING! :D

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
This years E3 was a bit lucklustre, even Microsoft has said it was a bit dull without Sony, they even said before when Sony announces they won’t attend they’d have to represent the industry then!
Lots of cool games for the Switch though and Microsoft has great value with its game pass ultimate!

For me I have a handful of games for my Switch I want and then it’ll be Cyberpunk 2077.

I predict next years E3 will be a totally different affair with new consoles and a plethora of next gen games.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Bumping this thread intentionally:

E3 2020 has been canceled, absolutely mind blowing the advancements that are being made in preparation in regards to this situation. If you think about it, E3 is a full three months away and you can see the seriousness/precautions that are being taken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.