Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
lol! This horse has definitely run!
Nothing about you is part equine.
[automerge]1572477954[/automerge]
Same here, I'm still pretty fit, I workout: cardio, HIIT, weights, still occasionally hit the mat to keep those skills frosty, but I'm all about __life__, my little G, my wife, hitting the occasional wave, engaging in as much experience as possible (doing NYC in a few), as you get older and I'd hope wiser, too much focus on any one thing, especially if it restricts life, isn't the best decision. :)
It's all that HIIT you do, crazy guy. Actually, that was some damn good advice, Donald. I took it seriously this last spring and I feel better than when I'd jog 40-60 miles a week.
[automerge]1572478155[/automerge]
I plan on trying the pickle juice, actually I take that back, I’ll probably just end up eating pickle spears to see how that transcends inside the gym for the Pump. But I plan on making a grocery run on Thursday to pick up the beet juice with lemon juice. (Maybe add some sugar in there to make the taste less pungent?)
It isn't pungent at all, mate. It's almost bland. The brand you'll be looking for is called Knudsen. I suppose you could thin it out with water or blend it in a smooth.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Zenny, ok, I looked for ‘Knudsen’ beet-juice and couldn’t find it. (Not sure if it’s exclusive to Costco), but I found regular beet juice, but ventured over to the organic aisle, and found Blueberry Beet juice (Pricier, but Also a great antioxidant). So I decided to alter your suggestion without the lemon juice in place with the substitution of a lemon, a banana, ice and the B.B. juice.

I plan on ‘test running’ my concoction before the gym this week. Pretty stoked, as I think this will be a decent addition with the Pump, being beet-juice helps improve blood flow.

21DBAE94-ACDE-4B8F-9426-C1E1DC6EA680.jpeg

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
RW Knudsen is sold in just about every store. I also never said anything about needing lemon juice. RW Knudsen uses lemon juice as a preservative. Ascorbic, citric and malic acid are all present in lemons and prevent bacterial growth, provide some nutrition and make muddled flavors better.

Simple Truth Organic is Kroger's house brand of organic foods and drinks. Kroger has carried RW Knudsen forever. I'm surprised you couldn't find it.

If you're on the east coast, they sell at Kroger, Giant foods, Target, Walmart, Shoprite, Sprouts, Whole Foods, Vons, Pavillions, etc. I never mentioned Costco.

Use their store finder next time. I've got a feeling you read Knudsen several posts ago and presumed it would be in the refrigerated section because another company separate from RW is called Knudsen and sells dairy products. I'm sure you're old enough to recall the cheesy, pun intended, cottage cheese commercials they used to run in the late 80s up until the late 90s. It involved a scantily clad woman on a beach saying something about cottage cheese thighs which was a terrible marketing move since that implies cellulite. Yoplait industries fired back with their Yoplait Original bikini commercial of a young woman needing to lose weight to wear a polka dot bikini, and true to its name, they used Brian Hyland's famous song, Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini.

Anyway, if I recall correctly, I've bought that Simple Truth Organic drink and found it alright apart from using apple juice as its major ingredient apart from water. The RW Knudsen juice is only beet juice with some lemon juice. No extra water. No fillers.

I highly recommend their products over anyone else's product lines. Their vegetable juices are very good, especially the spicy ones, and especially so if you blend it up with some ice and vodka...

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
RW Knudsen is sold in just about every store.

Nope, It’s not available at the grocery store I shop at, (which is a pretty big family chain in my state), but it’s not a broadened commercialized grocery store like Walmart/Publix/Kroger, etc.

I also never said anything about needing lemon juice.

That’s True, you didn’t looking back. I’ll add a lemon anyway, just a quarter wedge for 36oz in the blender, just for flavor/tart.

I never mentioned Costco.

Correct, but you mention Costco throughout your postings before, so I figured this is specifically where you found it. But regardless, I think what I have should suffice, this is just a ‘trial run’, being I’ve never actually made anything like this. Tomorrow I’ll test if after my two meals in the morning, but I might have to pass on the coffee tomorrow, as I don’t think that would be a good combination for both pre-workout.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Ask the manager to shop their products.

Correct, but you mention Costco throughout your postings before, so I figured this is specifically where you found it
I've also mentioned Home Depot and Lowes a lot, but that doesn't mean I buy my cheese and pickles there either. ;)

Though I know they sell some food because I've bought packets of Ruffles before while browsing aisles to see what I'd like to buy. Costco does sell juice, but the bottles are huge and in groups of two or three.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Ask the manager to shop their products.

They have ‘request cards’ you can fill out, then they source the product from a vendor, they give you a call when it’s in. I’ve use this a few times for select craft beverages, foods, ect. It’s a nice little perk.

I've also mentioned Home Depot and Lowes a lot, but that doesn't mean I buy my cheese and pickles there either. ;)

Though I know they sell some food because I've bought packets of Ruffles before while browsing aisles to see what I'd like to buy. Costco does sell juice, but the bottles are huge and in groups of two or three.

Oh, whatever, We all know you live at Costco Zenithal. 😁 We opened a new Costco in my city last year and a have a pre-existing Sam’s Club, I had a free trial for Sam’s Club a while back, I definitely see the cost savings benefit for certain household items, but ultimately I can’t recall exactly what the membership fee was a year, but I never renewed it. To be honest, I think it makes more sense for me to probably have a membership at one of these clubs, just because I buy so much of one product [like chicken, eggs, steak] even though I do like the product my local grocery store sells, it probably would save me some money if I went the bulk route.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
trying to drink 100oz of water per day is becoming difficult

Wow, and I thought 64 ounces of water was a lot. Seriously though, that’s something I really need to improve upon is more water consumption. It’s easy to be on track and then fall behind.

I know I drink a lot less than that. What is that supposed to do besides keep you hydrated?

Loads of benefits:

Circulation being a primary, maintaining blood pressure, Regularity for your intestines/digestive track, body temperature regulation...the most interesting one I didn’t know is it provides a higher lubricity for your joints.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Wow, and I thought 64 ounces of water was a lot. Seriously though, that’s something I really need to improve upon is more water consumption. It’s easy to be on track and then fall behind.

Loads of benefits:

Circulation being a primary, maintaining blood pressure, Regularity for your intestines/digestive track, body temperature regulation...the most interesting one I didn’t know is it provides a higher lubricity for your joints.
That all sounds good. I’ll say that on my current fluid intake, I’m regular, no issues with being hot or cold, but lubrications of joints might benefit.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Funny, because Coors light is my favorite beer. But being in contest mode I’m in right now, I’m not consuming any alcohol or sugary sodas (Actually, I rarely ever drink soda, and if I do, it’s diet of some flavor).

I Was trying to focus more on my cardio outside, but now the temperatures have dropped considerably down to 28° and accumulated 8 inches of snow for the year so far I believe. For my state, that’s pretty extreme at this point in November.

Side note:

My Triceps are on fire from yesterday‘s workout.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So, check this out. I snapped this the other night post cardio/workout, this was right before a winter storm was trying to move in when the sun was setting. Also, it was 44° this day when I was preparing for cardio, and it dropped down to 25° in a matter of a few hours with the approach of this storm.

[No, this is not edited in anyway shape or form.]

Snowstorm Kenton.
C308DAFC-CA98-47C9-84DE-C8F3E752DCDA.jpeg

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
So, check this out. I snapped this the other night post cardio/workout, this was right before a winter storm was trying to move in when the sun was setting. Also, it was 44° this day when I was preparing for cardio, and it dropped down to 25° in a matter of a few hours with the approach of this storm.

[No, this is not edited in anyway shape or form.]

Snowstorm Kenton.
View attachment 875628

Woah!

jeyf

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2009
i have been doing above medium level activity but not extreme:

I have been getting some muscle cramping near a knee or elbo. No swelling.
been drinking water
morning couple grams creatine + water
also 30 grams casein type protein powder
using "Theraworx" foam and it helps but not by much

w/o warning last month got it in my leg below the knee. big bad.
this monday woke up with it in my left arm, the previous week end was lower stress
just today, thursday, got some motion and strength back in the arm. I can hold a coffee cup.

initial couple of initial days with the chills, total loss motion, strength. Third day the pain wanders around into my hand
for some unknown reason today thursday is with remarkable improvement; maybe 80% better

just difficult to predict

Last edited:

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I have been getting some muscle cramping near a knee or elbo. No swelling.
been drinking water
morning couple grams creatine + water

Are you sure you’re getting enough water? Cramping is a notorious symptom of lack of water with creatine. Localized cramping at those joints wasn’t my experience. Calves, forearms, and biceps. Use care in heavy dead’s (and hammer curls) if you’re older than 45. Protect your bicep tendons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn and yaxomoxay

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Funny, because Coors light is my favorite beer. But being in contest mode I’m in right now, I’m not consuming any alcohol or sugary sodas (Actually, I rarely ever drink soda, and if I do, it’s diet of some flavor).

I Was trying to focus more on my cardio outside, but now the temperatures have dropped considerably down to 28° and accumulated 8 inches of snow for the year so far I believe. For my state, that’s pretty extreme at this point in November.

Side note:

My Triceps are on fire from yesterday‘s workout.
Not really related to your post other than the mention of winter weather, snow. :) As a young adult, I thought it was impressive to go running when it was 30F in rural Maryland. But then in Minnesota, I learned I could run all winter at any temperature with sweats underneath, a synthetic shell on top to cut the wind, a face mask, gloves, and for the most extreme cold 10F or below, windy, ski goggles. Eyes are the weak point.

Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Not really related to your post other than the mention of winter weather, snow. :) As a young adult, I thought it was impressive to go running when it was 30F in rural Maryland. But then in Minnesota, I learned I could run all winter at any temperature with sweats underneath, a synthetic shell on top to cut the wind, a face mask, gloves, and for the most extreme cold 10F or below, windy, ski goggles. Eyes are the weak point.

There’s something majestic running in the snow or even a colder morning. I take the backcountry roads, when there’s no traffic, run/walk, it’s a really tranquil experience when it’s just you on a winter day.

But what I really like to do, is after like a heavy snowfall, I’ll shovel really late in the morning, [like 3 AM], it’s a solid work out, no one is around, there’s something peaceful about the glistening snowfall amongst the streetlights. We average near 90 inches of snowfall a year in my state (We’re already 8+ inches/not even into winter yet). Oh, and I don’t even own a snowblower, shove only. I prefer the challenge. (Yes, my neighbors think I’m crazy.) 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
There’s something majestic running in the snow or even a colder morning. I take the backcountry roads, when there’s no traffic, run/walk, it’s a really tranquil experience when it’s just you on a winter day.

But what I really like to do, is after like a heavy snowfall, I’ll shovel really late in the morning, [like 3 AM], it’s a solid work out, no one is around, there’s something peaceful about the glistening snowfall amongst the streetlights. We average near 90 inches of snowfall a year in my state (We’re already 8+ inches/not even into winter yet). Oh, and I don’t even own a snowblower, shove only. I prefer the challenge. (Yes, my neighbors think I’m crazy.) ?
A snowblower becomes needed imo when Mother Nature decides to drop a couple inches a day. Not a matter of work, but of time. :)

Reactions: Gutwrench

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
A snowblower becomes needed imo when Mother Nature decides to drop a couple inches a day. Not a matter of work, but of time. :)

Good lord, so true. I’m in the third year of using a plowing service. Too much driveway, too much snow, not enough time, but mostly no ambition.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

A couple of inches? Psssh.. we’ll talk when we have 10+ of wet heavy packing snow, give me a shovel and lets get down to business. 😁I’ve got all the time to tackle Mother Nature. (Yes, I’m relentless for a reason.😁)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
@Huntn

Dug these out of the Fitness thread I participate in.

I get a kick out of piling/shoveling as much snow as possible at the end of my driveway with winter snowfalls. This snow looks stands at 8ft. (Yes, I was proud of my physical achievements shoveling.😁)
ED380BDD-19A8-4181-A741-9AF05E32DE17.jpeg

Remember when I posted I enjoy shoveling late in the morning amongst the street lights with the glistening snow? Well, here ya go. Pure bliss. [Kinda looks like a scene from the exorcist with the fog/light combo.]
110AB337-D30B-49BA-8B0A-5A5A62DBE758.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.