Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Good lord, so true. I’m in the third year of using a plowing service. Too much driveway, too much snow, not enough time, but mostly no ambition.

Hahaha, right? Some of have other things to do like spend time with our wife's, our awesome kid, bill another $xxK this month :D

Well, some of us aren't actually dealing with snow .... <snicker>

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I figured the weather called for Chili. [18°]

Ingredients:

2lbs ground hamburger (90% lean/10% fat)
Black/pinto/red beans
One onion
One tomato
One Pepper
Celery
2 cups of Beef broth

Seasonings: [I’m a fanatic about this]-

Cumin/Garlic powder/sea salt/paprika/black peppercorn/red pepper. (I Also season every thirty minutes per the three hour cook time.)

Loaded with protein, enough to last the week. [3lbs total]. 😁

7645939B-6EC1-4930-A701-2ABF38DE948B.jpeg

Reactions: jdechko

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
82 outside today. I'm in shorts with a t-shirt. So sorry for all of you in winter.
Not me. I was poking fun at what Relentless finds fun. We got some snow last year in a fast and short flurry. The region hasn't had snow since the 40s, IIRC.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Not me. I was poking fun at what Relentless finds fun.

Dude, I don’t find shoveling snow......well....Ok, maybe I do find it fun.😁 I won’t lie, it’s oddly fun, but it’s not like I’m making snowing Angels or something....(The Next morning, I admire the snow angel from my living room Window I made😁...)

Reactions: adrianlondon

jeyf

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2009
has anyone used a product; "Theraworx"
relief for muscle tightness and or cramp
its an over the counter, topical foam application which dries quick.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Tomorrow is day one of project cleanup. Not liking some of the water weight I've gained in the last month. Finally broke in some new trainers and I'll be heading up @D.T.'s recommendations. We've got some rain coming our way so I'll have to do some indoor work. Vegetable and chicken soup sounds ideal. Some grated ginger, too.

Dude, I don’t find shoveling snow......well....Ok, maybe I do find it fun.😁 I won’t lie, it’s oddly fun, but it’s not like I’m making snowing Angels or something....(The Next morning, I admire the snow angel from my living room Window I made😁...)
Each to his own, man. I endured brutal cold winters when I was a lad. Never again! But I'll admit making snow angels even as an adult is fun...

Reactions: yaxomoxay

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
‘Shadow posing’, it’s a bit gratuitous, but it’s just for fun. The photo doesn’t give the depth of detail, just for mass.

[Anyways, this is just from the moonlight coming through my living room window.]

59CC4C25-186F-40B3-BC41-1CEAC3CB52D5.jpeg

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Fun fact, back in the days when I was assigned oversees we'd sometimes sit out on top of embassy rooftops and use a spotting scope or binoculars to view people in the dark and guess their features, height, build/weight and what they were wearing.

Your post brings back a flood of memories. Solid traps.
[automerge]1574408621[/automerge]
Yesterday was a rainy day with more coming today, so I’m told.
There in Twin Cities? The rain was sporadic. It's cold with a chill factor now. Think we've got a few days of rain next week. I knew rain was abound a while back and did some checks. We're not going to get that awesome rain we've gotten the last few years, but I suspect it'll be colder. We've had some terribly cold years with temps dipping down to 28-32. With the way weather patterns are changing, I wouldn't be surprised if this area begins to get snow in the future. The last time it snowed, as in proper snow, was a half century ago according to history books. We got some light drift last year or earlier this year which was incredibly bizarre. I don't remember what I was doing but I know I dropped a few F bombs that day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gutwrench

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Fun fact, back in the days when I was assigned oversees we'd sometimes sit out on top of embassy rooftops and use a spotting scope or binoculars to view people in the dark and guess their features, height, build/weight and what they were wearing.

I'm guessing about 5' 8" ?
[automerge]1574430113[/automerge]
Went to a hot yoga practice the other day, it's sort of been missing from my curriculum (weight work, HIIT, etc.), it was intense, semi-painful, fun to get back into it, this is slightly more compressed, it's very intense, seriously, it's not easy for people who are in spectacular condition.

Plus, surrounded by hot (literally), sweating, sexy womenz .... :D (including my wife, obviously)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

I don’t. Funny you ask, because the GM of the gym where I attend asked me the same question about a week back. My theory is, if someone wants to know an estimate (Or guesstimate) of much energy you’re exerting, Along with heart rate/calories, I would just invest in a heart rate monitor/smart watch personally.

The only way I train for maximum muscle stimulation, is I go to failure on everything. That’s what I find works best for me. Lately my training has been where I’m not going ridiculously heavy, but more of a moderate weight and pushing for the full contraction and stretch to really burn the muscles, and I find this works optimally for me, Plus, it helps avoid The potential of an injury from going ‘too heavy’.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Started my first B.B.diet ‘Cut’....

Just a quick recap—> started bodybuilding July 2018 and progressively put on muscle/bulk over the course of 18 months.

My average calorie consumption per day during my bulking phase was approximately ~4500, on weekends when I was not in the gym, it was approximately~5000. (Now my calorie intake Will be between ~1500 to ~2000 a day max.)

I currently weighed in at 216 as of last Thursday/ my starting weight in July 2018 was 198. My ‘end goal’ weight/body fat percentage will be approximately 185 to 190 and shooting for 11% body fat.

For me, I want to shred as much as possible, yet retain as much muscle as I can. That’s the name of the game. Now, I realize you will lose some muscle during a cutting phase, but I think one of the advantages that I mentioned before in this thread, is genetically I can bulk really easily and I can also shred really quick. As matter fact, I’m already down 5 pounds since I started almost a week ago. If I can hit between 185/190, it will give the illusion that I’m a lot bigger than I am with a smaller waist line.

So what’s my diet moving forward:

- A Gallon of water per day

- No sugars whatsoever, that includes any alcohol/sodas or protein-based powders.

- Lots of greens (Broccoli/spinach) /mainly now just chicken/eggs for the protein source, [No Red-meat]

- White rice/Basmati rice

- Raw oatmeal

- Grilled various fish sources

- Potatoes/mushrooms for various add-ons to the protein sources.

Side note:

I’ve actually been dreading starting this, but it’s not as bad as I thought it would be, I’m still eating a lot of the same foods, with the exception of eliminating certain products/red-meat.

Oh, and there are no cheat meals involved in this. This is very strict, I chose probably the worst time during the holidays, but it’s mind over matter for the most part. Bulking is one Phase, but a true bodybuilder can also cut for a physique competition/personal goals.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Started my first B.B.diet ‘Cut’....

Just a quick recap—> started bodybuilding July 2018 and progressively put on muscle/bulk over the course of 18 months.

My average calorie consumption per day during my bulking phase was approximately ~4500, on weekends when I was not in the gym, it was approximately~5000. (Now my calorie intake Will be between ~1500 to ~2000 a day max.)

I currently weighed in at 216 as of last Thursday/ my starting weight in July 2018 was 198. My ‘end goal’ weight/body fat percentage will be approximately 185 to 190 and shooting for 11% body fat.

For me, I want to shred as much as possible, yet retain as much muscle as I can. That’s the name of the game. Now, I realize you will lose some muscle during a cutting phase, but I think one of the advantages that I mentioned before in this thread, is genetically I can bulk really easily and I can also shred really quick. As matter fact, I’m already down 5 pounds since I started almost a week ago. If I can hit between 185/190, it will give the illusion that I’m a lot bigger than I am with a smaller waist line.

So what’s my diet moving forward:

- A Gallon of water per day

- No sugars whatsoever, that includes any alcohol/sodas or protein-based powders.

- Lots of greens (Broccoli/spinach) /mainly now just chicken/eggs for the protein source, [No Red-meat]

- White rice/Basmati rice

- Raw oatmeal

- Grilled various fish sources

- Potatoes/mushrooms for various add-ons to the protein sources.

Side note:

I’ve actually been dreading starting this, but it’s not as bad as I thought it would be, I’m still eating a lot of the same foods, with the exception of eliminating certain products/red-meat.

Oh, and there are no cheat meals involved in this. This is very strict, I chose probably the worst time during the holidays, but it’s mind over matter for the most part. Bulking is one Phase, but a true bodybuilder can also cut for a physique competition/personal goals.

Why no red meat?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Why no red meat?

Mainly it’s just personal, just because I want the leanest form of protein possible, which is chicken/fish. Redmeat still has plenty of nutrition, but it’s a little bit higher in fat. Plus, I love redmeat, and I think it will help keep the craving down for like hamburger and other red meat products if I completely cut it out.

I’m really trying to up my game a little bit in the kitchen with being diverse and how I cook chicken, add lots of seasonings, now I’m sautéing the chicken (With Mushrooms/potatoes) in a pan v.s. grilling it.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Mainly it’s just personal, just because I want the leanest form of protein possible, which is chicken/fish. Redmeat still has plenty of nutrition, but it’s a little bit higher in fat. Plus, I love redmeat, and I think it will help keep the craving down for like hamburger and other red meat products if I completely cut it out.

I’m really trying to up my game a little bit in the kitchen with being diverse and how I cook chicken, add lots of seasonings, now I’m sautéing the chicken (With Mushrooms/potatoes) in a pan v.s. grilling it.

Ok it makes sense. Don't discount Turkey prepared in a crockpot as it remains somewhat juicy and it's easy to prepare.
However, I am surprised by:
1) No beans
2) No lentils
3) WHITE rice?!?!?!??! :oops::oops:

:p

Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Ok it makes sense. Don't discount Turkey prepared in a crockpot as it remains somewhat juicy and it's easy to prepare.
However, I am surprised by:
1) No beans
2) No lentils
3) WHITE rice?!?!?!??! :oops::oops:

:p

Beans are a good suggestion, good source of protein (I made an outstanding chili last month with a variety of beans added, photoed on previous page). I do have white rice on my list, alongside some basmati rice. Yes, I love turkey, there’s no reason why I couldn’t add that into my diet as well, I was just listing the primary ingredients of what I’m using so far.

It’s funny, because I didn’t realize when you diet so hard, that it does challenge you to be more complex in the kitchen with what you have to work with. I’m thinking with this diet if I stay on track, I should have my end goal bodyweight dropped where I want it during the first week of January. (Which might entail more cardio to reach that goal in that timeframe.)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Today is gym day at the Y, the one day a week I do an extensive workout not in the pool, stretches, mat exercises, free and machine weights. One of the mat exercises I do besides things like sit-ups, pushups, leg lifts, is the plank. I hate the plank. It’s when you support yourself on you elbows and toes horizontal with a straight back. I stated at 3 at 30 sec and am now at 3@90 seconds. It’s like torture. I get to that point in my workout and think about a rational to talk myself out of it. But so far I have failed.

I mean I do 60 pushups which is plank like. I’m looking for someone to tell me why doing the plank is bad for me. :);)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Yeah...so....remember how I said above I only shovel snow for the cardio, and I didn’t use a snowblower? Yeah, well this winter is posing to be a pretty big challenge (One of the highest snowfalls forecasted) and another 19 inches on the way. I picked up this little machine [Rated high/quality brand, and scored it at $600, which is somewhat cheaper than MSRP].

I mean, it still counts as cardio if I’m walking up and down a 40 foot driveway, doesn’t it? 😁

F0A48F94-8223-46C8-9308-7BD7D36CD3AD.jpeg

Last edited:

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
They said the winter forecast this year would be mild, slightly warm and dry due to shifting weather patterns, so we wouldn't see the rain we've had in recent years. Bull.

I haven't seen the sun in over a week. The roads have been damp forever, so much so I've spotted moss or whatever it's called growing on the roads while out for runs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.