Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
I have two steam folders, one on my internal drive, plus a Long time ago I created one on my usb drive and moved the games that I don't play often (correctly using steam) to the external drive.

recently I bought Tropico 6 and didnt actually notice that it installed it in the external drive.

in the last few days I have installed the Catalina beta, plus steam has updated to a beta of a new labour which is very nice plus the app seems snappier.

the one annoying thing with the new layout though is, so far, theres no way to show a list of Mac only games in your library. you can either have the whole library or you can have only the installed games, but not the full Mac list. and I was looking at that when I noticed that beside Tropico 6 it said install rather than play. so I went to the external drive and saw it was sitting fine in the steam folder, and I checked in settings that both steam folders exist.

so I figured ill press install and it'll check whats there and on finding its all there then it will be okay. no. it deletes the contents of the Tropico 6 folder and then redownloads the 27 gigs.

now in settings it says that on hugedisc (the usb disc) it sees one install of 27.8gb. so it cant see the other 8 games that are there.

I tried to add new folder and reselect the folder thinking it would refresh but it says you can only add empty folders. how do I get it to recognise my 6 games?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.