Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
My son's 5th gen iPod is not working correctly. We can't log into iMessage. It keeps asking for him to sign in with his child account. I do that, and I get a pop up that says to verify an address. Takes me to to manage account site at Apple. Enter info again, then a message saying trouble logging in, but also takes us to his account page correctly. Then back to messages and process begins again, ad infinitum. I have an appt today at the Apple Store, but just wondering if anyone has had this issue. Hi messages were downloaded from iCloud but it won't let us view them as it keeps giving us the pop up and logging him out. This all started after his iPod seemingly completely reset itself on its own. Seems Apple products after a few years start developing a mind of their own and slowly start self-destructing. Thanks.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
n/m. seems i finally fixed it, by manually adjusting date and time instead of having it on auto based on someone else's experience. makes perfect sense :-/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.