Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adam1988

macrumors regular
Original poster
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi everyone!

I came to the forum because i have my brother's iphone 6, and i am trying to fix it, because, he was updating his phone to version 8.4. But then in the iMac when i am Updating in itunes from recovery mode to FACTORY SETTINGS.. The iphone gets stucked in halfway of the extraction, and iTunes notification appears saying. (ERROR CODE 53)
I tried everything! But nothing seems to work whatsoever. If anyone has solved this issue please reply to me it will be amazing help! Thank you!

pinebeltdesign

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2015
First follow the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201210

If that doesn't work, your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.
If you still see the error message, check for outdated or modified software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.