Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Italy
Hello

Impossible install High Sierra Mac Pro 5,1 not flashed original 5,1, block on boot and in verbose error last sentence write

9 error reporting bank

Mac Pro 5,1
32 GB ram
3 Ssd Lite on
Geforce GTX 680 mac version

Attach

7onMZPZ.jpg

If boot install Mojave not have this error but later black screen.

Last edited:

powerg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Italy
I'd try to re-download H Sierra, make a USB installer, and try again.

Not resolve... download High Sierra and mojave.

Leave all ram and install only 2 module.

Mojave same situation but black screen final state boot... read in many thread the GTX 680 unable install from USB becouse bug in Metal but High Sierra freeze boot screen from USB GTX 680 and same situation the GTX 980 Ti i think to buy another GPU card but Which ?

Last edited:

powerg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Italy

Mojave same situation but black screen final state boot... read in many thread the GTX 680 unable install from USB becouse bug in Metal but High Sierra freeze boot screen from USB GTX 680 and same situation the GTX 980 Ti i think to buy another GPU card but Which ?

I read many threads a i think install first el capitan and upgrade the boot rom becouse i buy a old stock new mac pro 2010 from uk sealed box.

powerg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Italy

Boot from Usb El Capitan and not boot, freeze

“dsmod has arrived”

???????

powerg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Italy
Test Mavericks boot usb same error...

Check pin CPU tray all OK cleand the Cpu contact all Ok, i have 8 module Ram and i put all and same problem, remove all SSD & DVD .... I install fresh El Capitan to ssd from my MacBook Pro fine boot put in Mac Pro and Panic kernel...

Today i reinstall the CPU found in Tray 2.4 GHZ 8 core and test if boot El Capitan, i check my ram DDR3 1333 PC310600R.. Possible one CPU faulty..???

any suggestions ..???

Buy this Mac Pro and not test first, put the 2 x5690 used... or need to upgrade the boot rom but i Think the El Capitan need to boot... Possible faulty Backplane or Tray card but are new.

Last edited:

powerg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Italy
Reinstall original CPU 2.4 Ghz and boot El Capitan, run installer H Sierra and update the boot rom, this Mac Pro have old boot rom.

Today reinstall the 2 x5690 and test, i think resolve the problem but i need to test.

powerg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Italy
Not work faulty, same error Unsupport CPU Dsmos 9 error banks panic not stable report error Ram led Red restart and leave but if reinstall the old two e5620 full work, i sure 99.9 % the CPU x5690 Dead or have a problem. In a couple day i buy 2 new Processor and make the Test.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Not work faulty, same error Unsupport CPU Dsmos 9 error banks panic not stable report error Ram led Red restart and leave but if reinstall the old two e5620 full work, i sure 99.9 % the CPU x5690 Dead or have a problem. In a couple day i buy 2 new Processor and make the Test.
Buona fortuna!
Ed

powerg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Italy
Same problem, return the 2 x5690 CPU, buy another couple, install same problem, kernel panic, error ram led in module tray, 9 error found in verbose ?????

I think only test other Memory ram or my CPU tray have a problem and not accept the x5690.

powerg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Italy
Today recive other couple x5690.... Finally all OK... Full work and read speed the Mem = 1333 MHz.. Now buy 96 GB for make 2 tripple channel.

:)

The next week I receive the GTX 780 Ti for change the old GTX 680..

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.