Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
I just bought a eSATA to eSata cabal on ebay . to use with my Icybox External Enclosure and Star tech Thunderbolt 2 dock .I plugged it in and sad to say it was not recognised on my computer.:confused:the Icybox works with the USB .I have had it for a few years now.As i got a Thunderbolt 2 dock a cpouple of months ago and saw that it had a eSATA conection on it so i thought i would buy a cabal for it.I don,t know why it want work if there is a problem with a connection i hope it is on the Icybox not my T2Dock.No way to see which is the conection that does not work because i don,t have any other drives with eSATA on them.This is the one i got esata to eSATA triple shielded cable flat lead 3gbps.I don,t suppose anyone has the answer?
Hope everyone is having a good day.:)

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
I just found an eSata canal that came with the Icybox that did not work either. :(

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
If the eSATA cable doesn't work,
but
If the USB3 cable DOES work,
then
Use the cable THAT WORKS, and don't trouble yourself about the cable that doesn't...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.