Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 421 16.8%
  • 2/4

Votes: 902 36.1%
  • 5/8

Votes: 504 20.1%
  • 9/12

Votes: 170 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 72 2.9%
  • more than 20

Votes: 208 8.3%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
Updated in 10/2023 due to the evolution and character of the thread.

During the keynote in September Apple not only introduced the Apple Watch Series 2 but launched a few new bands (and/or new colors) as well—for the fourth time since Apple Watch went on sale in April 2015. Unfortunately, Apple discontinued some of the bands again, so I decided to do some research about every Apple Watch OEM band ever released. This is the result, and where the story of this thread begins ...

It all began in October 2016, almost precisely seven years ago. This thread has grown to be one of the biggest and most comprehensive resources on every Apple Watch band ever released, thanks to a fantastic community that has contributed photos, opinions, and support.

What makes this thread so captivating and special? There are several fun factors and influences involved. It’s the search and excitement for something you fall in love with before you can finally hold it in your hands. But it's not only the joy of new items, it is about the ability to easily connect with people who share the same interests. This might be because somebody has the item you were looking for for a long time, or because you want to share the excitement and passion about your new "treasure" with others.

Shall we carry on with this journey for a few more years? Yes, please!

Important: Please do not post "for sale" and "buy" requests in this thread. MacRumors has a dedicated marketplace forum. This discussion will get shut down, if you don't follow the rules! Thank you!

P.S. This thread is also the place, where "Bandbreite" was introduced. "Bandbreite" provides images and detailed information about every official Apple Watch band ever released and is the perfect companion for every watch band collector, beginner to pro. "Bandbreite" started as a band catalogue that expanded from a non-interactive PDF which the Apple offerings quickly outgrew. Now, based on features added in almost 20 updates over the last three years, we shifted from a catalogue to a comprehensive reference and powerful tool that supports the passion of collecting beautiful things. The app grows a lot on the feedback from our users and this community and based on your ideas and needs.

You can download the chart here, and Bandbreite is available for download on the App Store.
Joe from MacRumors wrote about the app in October 2022. Read his article following this link.

Attachments

• bandbreitewatch-chart-preview-20200601-01.jpg
    bandbreitewatch-chart-preview-20200601-01.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 15,533
  • Bandbreite-1.jpeg
    Bandbreite-1.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,091
Last edited:

Macaddict16

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2002
Very cool visualization!

Are these are only for bands released to purchase separately? There are all of the bands that are released with the sport watches. Are those included in there? Kinda hard to tell the specific shades apart with that size. Do you have to official Apple color names that you could list?

Still an amazing visualization! First one that I have seen that has come out. Well done!

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
During the keynote last month Apple not only introduced the Series 2, but launched a few new bands (and/or new colors) as well—for the fourth time since Apple Watch goes on sale in April 2015.

Unfortunately Apple discontinued some of the bands (again), so I decided to do some research about every Apple Watch OEM band ever released. The result is a quick draft of an overview I am working on. It still needs some improvements and a better arrangement, but it's a great start.

Did I missed one? Or is one of the bands mapped incorrectly?
Any better ideas how to optimized the visualization?

Please note, that the first Apple Watch Edition bands, and the Apple Watch Pride Band (internal only) is not part of the graphic, because I couldn't find any "useful" photos of.

View attachment 664525

In case you need the original size to dive into details:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87500705/161010-AppleWatch-MakeItYourOwn.png
Awesome work!! Add the pride nylon, given out to apple employees at the parade in SF.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
First, Thanks for the thread. A great job. Now I'm very curious who have 16 and more? Please show yourself. :D
I'm now at 6 (sport) bands. (it should be 7 but can't find walnut anywhere)
dQogk63.jpg

Didn't know before a majority of sport band got discontinued.

We need a bigger picture (and caption for what is what maybe)..
[doublepost=1476146940][/doublepost]
Very cool visualization!

Are these are only for bands released to purchase separately?

Yes, there was even some special edition like Chinese New Year I believe.

Last edited:

pkahleeb

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
I can't justify the high prices of the Apple bands when Third Parties are just about as good and at a fraction of the cost. I would rather buy knockoffs of all the bands instead of buying just one or two Apple made bands.

However, there is a lot of room for improvement here. I wish Apple was churning out new types of bands. They had some really good ideas.

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
Very cool visualization!

Are these are only for bands released to purchase separately? There are all of the bands that are released with the sport watches. Are those included in there? Kinda hard to tell the specific shades apart with that size. Do you have to official Apple color names that you could list?

Still an amazing visualization! First one that I have seen that has come out. Well done!

Thanks, I really appreciate it. And I will add the official color names with the next update. Might be helpful.

In general, it's every band ever released—separately or bundled with an Apple Watch. But as far as I know, there're no band, which you can't buy separately (besides the Nike+, or the Hermès Single Tour Deployment Buckle, or Apple Watch Edition.)

First, Thanks for the thread. A great job. Now I'm very curious who have 16 and more? Please show yourself. :D

We need a bigger picture (and caption for what is what maybe)...

Thanks! For a higher resolution of the visualization just follow the Dropbox-link.

True, but the special edition for Chinese New Year was "just" the red Sport band bundled with a watch. Not sure it was Product RED.

Reactions: Kitkat52

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
I think you're missing a brown classic buckle at the April 2015 slot. Maybe.

Dang, I forgot how few colors there really were at launch, too. It seemed like plenty of choices back then. Look at 'em all now.

Reactions: Vampire14

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
Only have two due to price and that I really don't need many alternatives.

I would love two of the olympic limited edition but its way to expensive now. Should have visited the olympic games and stock up on the bands. Sells for at least 400 dollars now. Or even 2000+.

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
No, it's a red Nylon band with yellow trim. One of a kind.

Would you mind to provide a photo of? Thanks!
I only found this—from January 2016.

http-%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F01%2FApple-Watch-CNY1.png
[doublepost=1476165325][/doublepost]
I think you're missing a brown classic buckle at the April 2015 slot. Maybe.

Dang, I forgot how few colors there really were at launch, too. It seemed like plenty of choices back then. Look at 'em all now.

Thanks, will check this!

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
image.jpg
:)
dQogk63.jpg

We need a bigger picture (and caption for what is what maybe)..
[doublepost=1476146940][/doublepost]

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
I can't vote. I have one. The black sport band that came with my watch. I have over 20 bands, but they're all aftermarket. Most not even knockoffs, just totally unique bands made for Apple watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.