Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 421 16.8%
  • 2/4

Votes: 904 36.1%
  • 5/8

Votes: 505 20.2%
  • 9/12

Votes: 170 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 209 8.3%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
But what I found was the apple black silicone strap is a snug fit with no play, but the pine green strap has some play. I don't own any other strap so therefore was confused.

my own pine green sits quite solidly in its slot. If it's bugging you noticeably perhaps walk in to apple store to see what's the issue?

kshitijraina

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2019
New Delhi, India
BTW I couldn't find the apple watch strap in light grey colour which comes with the titanium. I know it's restricted to only the Titanium edition but even replicas are not available in the market.

If anyone found those online, a link to it would be highly appreciated.

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
BTW I couldn't find the apple watch strap in light grey colour which comes with the titanium. I know it's restricted to only the Titanium edition but even replicas are not available in the market.

If anyone found those online, a link to it would be highly appreciated.

Before I returned the silver titanium for my space black titanium, I did compare the included light gray band with my band collection. If I remember correctly it’s very similar to the Fog sport band that was released a while ago. I really couldn’t tell the difference.

You can still pick up an OEM fog band on eBay pretty easily.

Reactions: twanj

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
Before I returned the silver titanium for my space black titanium, I did compare the included light gray band with my band collection. If I remember correctly it’s very similar to the Fog sport band that was released a while ago. I really couldn’t tell the difference.

You can still pick up an OEM fog band on eBay pretty easily.

how about the "concrete" or "pebble" colours? i have both, but don't have the titanium band to compare haha...

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
how about the "concrete" or "pebble" colours? i have both, but don't have the titanium band to compare haha...

I couldn’t tell the difference between Fog and Light Grey. Pebble and Concrete have a slightly different tone to them IMO.

Sorry not the most natural lighting (it’s dark here now)...and I just realised how dirty my white band is ?

2498F25E-D072-444E-9595-18226BE1E31B.jpeg

From top to bottom​
  • Black
  • Dark Grey
  • Pebble
  • Concrete
  • Fog
  • Cloud
  • Soft White
  • White

Last edited:

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe
QC ain’t what is used to be. My launch Milanese, zero movement, Hermes lugs wiggle a bit.
The varying fit of OEM bands is interesting. The tightest in my collection is perhaps the space black link bracelet with the black stainless steel watch (series 2). Also the black Milanese loop feels more stiff to remove from that watch. With the series 3 ceramic (white) the ceramic pin sport Band is especially snug compared with other sport bands so it activates the magnet catches most readily, I slightly wiggle the other colours sometimes before they click. So thicknesses as well as densities might vary between bands and their lugs.
[automerge]1575033481[/automerge]
I couldn’t tell the difference between Fog and Light Grey. Pebble and Concrete have a slightly different tone to them IMO.

From front to back:
  • White
  • Soft White
  • Cloud
  • Fog
  • Concrete
  • Pebble
  • Dark Grey
  • Black

Sorry not the most natural lighting (it’s dark here now)...and I just realised how dirty my white band is ?

View attachment 879825
Great photo... which white is it at the front; original white or more recent release?
[automerge]1575033633[/automerge]
That’s not a dirty white band! This is:

View attachment 879863

I can’t get it clean :(
Maybe a couple of spin cycles in the Large Hadron Collider at CERN in Geneva would clean it at a sub atomic level? ;-)

Last edited:

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
Great photo... which white is it at the front; original white or more recent release?
[automerge]1575033633[/automerge]

it’s the original white. Probably one of my first bands when I had my S0.

That’s not a dirty white band! This is:

I can’t get it clean :(

I guess it now looks like an Antique White sport band ?

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
Haven’t posted my collection in a while, thought I’d upload some of my Brown, Green, and Yellow bands for those wanting to compare.

ADF171EE-E898-4903-8FC3-71A1575CC13B.jpeg

(From top to bottom)​
  • Antique White
  • Stone
  • Walnut
  • Cocoa
  • Dark Olive
  • Dark Teal
  • Pacific Green
  • Turquoise
  • Marine Green
  • Green
  • Spearmint
  • Beryl
  • Mint
  • Pine Green
  • Khaki
  • Yellow
  • Canary Yellow
  • Pollen
  • Flash
  • Lemonade
  • Lemon Cream
  • Mellow Yellow

kshitijraina

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2019
New Delhi, India
Haven’t posted my collection in a while, thought I’d upload some of my Brown, Green, and Yellow bands for those wanting to compare.

View attachment 879976
(From top to bottom)​

• Antique White
  • Stone
  • Walnut
  • Cocoa
  • Dark Olive
  • Dark Teal
  • Pacific Green
  • Turquoise
  • Marine Green
  • Green
  • Spearmint
  • Beryl
  • Mint
  • Pine Green
  • Khaki
  • Yellow
  • Canary Yellow
  • Pollen
  • Flash
  • Lemonade
  • Lemon Cream
  • Mellow Yellow

Which one is the fog/light grey??

alexpinder7

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2019

View attachment 879976
(From top to bottom)​

• Antique White
  • Stone
  • Walnut
  • Cocoa
  • Dark Olive
  • Dark Teal
  • Pacific Green
  • Turquoise
  • Marine Green
  • Green
  • Spearmint
  • Beryl
  • Mint
  • Pine Green
  • Khaki
  • Yellow
  • Canary Yellow
  • Pollen
  • Flash
  • Lemonade
  • Lemon Cream
  • Mellow Yellow

I like the trays you have photographed them in. Is this how you store them? Where did you get them from?

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
So, I got my first total dud band...

Gold/Red woven nylon.

It doesn't attach correctly to my S5, but does on S4 and S3.

The bottom longer band (without the buckle) has no problem slipping in, but it never clicks and secures into place in the middle. It just goes through all the way.

I just fiddled with it a bunch, pressing the button on the bottom of the watch that releases the band. Eventually it locked into place, but it's hard to replicate.

Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord

Gold/Red woven nylon.

It will eventually! I just got my third of that exact band (gold buckle) and yesterday had a hell of a time getting it in my S4 stainless. The lug depth and is different than the S4/S5 so there was a ton of friction but I eventually made it work. And the taper of the band slot is more extreme too I think.

Just hold it really tight on the middle of the nylon...it will kinda bend the fabric and make the straight lines temporarily wavy.

They didn’t change the shape from 4 to 5, so it’s just a matter of getting the plastic lug “sanded” down a little. What material is your 5?

Last edited:

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019

Gold/Red woven nylon.

any pictures? i saw it and was tempted to get it but still on the fence..

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
It will eventually! I just got my third of that exact band (gold buckle) and yesterday had a hell of a time getting it in my S4 stainless. The lug depth and is different than the S4/S5 so there was a ton of friction but I eventually made it work. And the taper of the band slot is more extreme too I think.

Just hold it really tight on the middle of the nylon...it will kinda bend the fabric and make the straight lines temporarily wavy.

They didn’t change the shape from 4 to 5, so it’s just a matter of getting the plastic lug “sanded” down a little. What material is your 5?

Oh ok, so this is a known bug?

I was able to get it in right once, but then not again. It seemed too precarious.

I'll have to try that.

My S5 is Alu SG.

Is this the unreleased Chinese New Year band?

No. It says Gold/Red on the box I believe. It's woven nylon, so it's older.

any pictures? i saw it and was tempted to get it but still on the fence..

I'll try to get some up.

Reactions: jaytee86

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord

Oh ok, so this is a known bug?

I was able to get it in right once, but then not again. It seemed too precarious.

I'll have to try that.

My S5 is Alu SG.

No. It says Gold/Red on the box I believe. It's woven nylon, so it's older.

I'll try to get some up.
I’m just saying every new nylon I’ve had has had some degree of friction getting into the watch...I’m gonna guess aluminum is probably the worst, just eyeballing it it seems the most friction-y

Reactions: twanj
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.