Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 421 16.8%
  • 2/4

Votes: 904 36.1%
  • 5/8

Votes: 505 20.2%
  • 9/12

Votes: 170 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 209 8.3%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
The Titanium watches really bite into the middle pin or whatever that is called. I have to use my finger nail to press it down for almost every band I own when I switch banda

Reactions: twanj

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
I’m just saying every new nylon I’ve had has had some degree of friction getting into the watch...I’m gonna guess aluminum is probably the worst, just eyeballing it it seems the most friction-y

It has no problem slipping in, it never clicks and secures into place in the middle. It just goes through all the way.

I just fiddled with it a bunch, pressing the button on the bottom of the watch that releases the band. Eventually it locked into place, but it's hard to replicate.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
For you all with tons of bands, how often do you switch? Daily? I have 4 bands and have a hard time deciding so I can't imagine having dozens and having to decide!

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
For you all with tons of bands, how often do you switch? Daily? I have 4 bands and have a hard time deciding so I can't imagine having dozens and having to decide!
I would say I pair a band with a watch for about two days before I feel guilty that I’m not putting another less-used band to use. Also outfit colors and sports and weather play a role. I never let my sport loops or leather get sweaty, if it’s raining fluoroelastimer only.

I find it really satisfying sometimes taking all my watches down to my band box and doing a wholesale change.

I do try to avoid changing the band for my aluminum too much as that’s the watch I use to play hockey and I don’t want my teammates realizing how many different bands I have haha

Reactions: Bernardinho

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
I change 2-3 times a day. I wake up with a sport loop on, swap to a Nike sport band for my workout, and then swap into a different sport loop until I begin again the next morning.

Reactions: Bernardinho

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL

I usually sleep with the sport loop and then change depending on what's going on during the day.

I wouldn't wear the Link Bracelet, Milanese loop, or leather for exercising (or sleeping).

If it's night, I might wear a Nike reflective loop.

kaphinga

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2019

Several times a day -- basically every time I change activities or leave the house. My wardrobe is basically jeans and a neutral shirt. I spice it up by changing scarves and watch bands frequently.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Several times a day -- basically every time I change activities or leave the house. My wardrobe is basically jeans and a neutral shirt. I spice it up by changing scarves and watch bands frequently.
Yeah should have mentioned this...nothing better than wearing neutral clothes and using a watch band for a power accent (I think that’s what the fashion world calls it)

Reactions: jaytee86

kevkmartin

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
Does anyone have the Apple Model Numbers for the following bands in 40/44mm?

Alaskan Blue
Beryl
Black (2nd Gen)
Blue Horizon
Canary Yellow
Clementine
Cornflower
Dark Gray
Delft Blue
Dragonfruit
Hermes Black
Hermes Orange
Hibiscus
Khaki
Lavender Gray
Lemon Crème
Light Gray
Mellow Yellow
Nectarine
Pacific Green
Papaya
Pine Green
Pink Sand (2nd Gen)
Pomegranant
Soft White / Pebble
Spearmint
Stone (2nd Gen)
White (2nd Gen)
Black / Hyper Grape
Black / Pink Blast
Celestial Teal / black
Desert Sand / Black
Olive Flack / Black
Royal Pulse / Black
Smokey Mauve / Particle Beige
Spruce Fog / Vintage Lichen
Teal Tint / Tropical Twist

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
We’re finally getting LTE watches here in New Zealand. Not sure why we don’t get offered the Edition or Hermes models as all sales are on-line and fulfilled out of Sydney, and Australia gets the full selection.

Anyway, that has made the choice easier; SS it is. Before I fully commit, and given as an LTE it will be the watch I wear every day, how do you find black works with your band collections?

My S0 is SS and the S3, S4 (both sold on) and S5 Nike are all silver aluminium, but I’m slightly tempted to go with SBSS. Obviously my link bracelet isn’t going to work, but I could change the lugs on my Saddle Brown Classic Buckle. Has anyone gone with a black watch and found they have sport bands that don’t work with it?

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
We’re finally getting LTE watches here in New Zealand. Not sure why we don’t get offered the Edition or Hermes models as all sales are on-line and fulfilled out of Sydney, and Australia gets the full selection.

Anyway, that has made the choice easier; SS it is. Before I fully commit, and given as an LTE it will be the watch I wear every day, how do you find black works with your band collections?

My S0 is SS and the S3, S4 (both sold on) and S5 Nike are all silver aluminium, but I’m slightly tempted to go with SBSS. Obviously my link bracelet isn’t going to work, but I could change the lugs on my Saddle Brown Classic Buckle. Has anyone gone with a black watch and found they have sport bands that don’t work with it?
I think “black goes with everything” applies here. The issue for me is less “does black match this band” as “is black too heavy/night/formal/bro” for this occasion or time of day.

I’m pretty self-conscious about band matching but I wear everything except white sport band or a spruce fog/storm gray loop with my SBSS. Your dragon fruits and hibiscuses and crimsons make you a little 80s day-glo but it works for me.

Reactions: twanj and FenC

JonoNZ

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

I'm in NZ too. I had an S4 SBSS with the Apple Link bracelet and that looked super slick, so good I never used any other bands with it. I now have an S5 ceramic which is a completely different look, but in my imo the ceramic only looks good with the sport bands, but it looks good with all of them -- any colour -- imo. It's a lot of fun changing the look.

ivantheipodder

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2018
Australia
Please do not get Apple Watch Sport bands from Amazon UK. At least not the Canary Yellow. I got it (and it's sold by Amazon UK, not some third party seller) and it turns out it's a fake item. I am now in the process of returning it. I also got a spearmint sport band there, that is a genuine item. So it's really the luck of the draw which shouldn't be the case if you are buying from Amazon UK (and sold by them).

The fake item has a really promising box and the packaging material looks really good. But the band itself screams fake.

Reactions: twanj

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
Please do not get Apple Watch Sport bands from Amazon UK. At least not the Canary Yellow. I got it (and it's sold by Amazon UK, not some third party seller) and it turns out it's a fake item. I am now in the process of returning it. I also got a spearmint sport band there, that is a genuine item. So it's really the luck of the draw which shouldn't be the case if you are buying from Amazon UK (and sold by them).

The fake item has a really promising box and the packaging material looks really good. But the band itself screams fake.
How do you know its fake? I bought a sport loop from amazon Uk several months back and I always assumed its genuine but as its the only one I have I don't actually know for sure!

ivantheipodder

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2018
Australia
How do you know its fake? I bought a sport loop from amazon Uk several months back and I always assumed its genuine but as its the only one I have I don't actually know for sure!
It's very obvious once you take it out of the box. They are asking me to email photos to them which I have. I'm hoping the return process is simple as I really don't feel like going out out my way to return something which was falsely advertised. I'm in Australia and I had to use a package forwarding company so I'm already losing my portion of the shipping cost for them to ship it from UK to Australia even if Amazon UK refunded me. I'm positive the forwarding company did not tamper with the Canary Yellow band as it arrived sealed and the other colour I got (Spearmint) is also sealed and is genuine.

AndreaV91

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2019
Italy
It's very obvious once you take it out of the box. They are asking me to email photos to them which I have. I'm hoping the return process is simple as I really don't feel like going out out my way to return something which was falsely advertised. I'm in Australia and I had to use a package forwarding company so I'm already losing my portion of the shipping cost for them to ship it from UK to Australia even if Amazon UK refunded me. I'm positive the forwarding company did not tamper with the Canary Yellow band as it arrived sealed and the other colour I got (Spearmint) is also sealed and is genuine.

Did you get one with black lugs? That happened to me as well recently.

Nonie M.

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2018
Los Angeles, Ca
All Apple bands have printing on the underside...the size and/or Nike on Nike bands.

JonoNZ

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

Interesting! I am in NZ and purchased Dragon Fruit and Canary Yellow from Amazon UK and used a forwarding service to get them to NZ as well. I hadn't opened them yet, so just checked, fortunately both are new and genuine in my boxes. The Canary Yellow was actually still sealed.

What bits of the band made you feel it was fake?

I have another Canary Yellow (that I sourced off a Reddit seller) and it's identical to the one I got from Amazon UK: lugs correct colour, Apple printing on the band, finish and feel are excellent.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
To play devils advocate, wouldn't the bad guys know this and do this as well?
The bad guys are theoretically capable of doing anything, but they often can't be bothered.

(One also has to distinguish between knockoffs, where someone "merely" copies the design - hoping to get the customer to prefer their's because of a lower price - and counterfeits, where they add all the labeling and such in an attempt to pass it off as the real thing.)

But, yeah, every time I read someone declaring that, "oh this has x or y marking, therefore it's guaranteed to be genuine", I roll my eyes a little, because that's not proof, it's merely a potential indicator (if, say, the Watch/band/whatever says "Abble" on it, that's a pretty clear sign it isn't a genuine article from Apple, but you can't trust labels/markings to prove that something is legit). If you want guaranteed genuine, buy it direct from Apple - beyond that, there's always some measure of taking your chances.

Reactions: noobinator
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.