Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nimoy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Does anyone else have this issue:

Roughly 15% of the time I put my Powerbeats Pro into my ear, one of them doesn't connect to my iPhone. The only way to fix it is to return both buds to the case, wait 5 seconds, and then try again. If that doesn't work I have to do a hard reset (hold the case button for 15 seconds and re-connect).

I've had this problem since day one. I even brought them in to Apple and they gave me a brand new pair, but the problem persists.

It's incredibly frustrating, especially since I often go out without the case, which means I am stuck with one bud not working.

Considering I've been through two pairs now, I can't be the only one experiencing this issue, can I?

Reactions: Drew1204

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA

Roughly 15% of the time I put my Powerbeats Pro into my ear, one of them doesn't connect to my iPhone. The only way to fix it is to return both buds to the case, wait 5 seconds, and then try again. If that doesn't work I have to do a hard reset (hold the case button for 15 seconds and re-connect).

I've had this problem since day one. I even brought them in to Apple and they gave me a brand new pair, but the problem persists.

It's incredibly frustrating, especially since I often go out without the case, which means I am stuck with one bud not working.

Considering I've been through two pairs now, I can't be the only one experiencing this issue, can I?

When this happens, and one connects and the other doesn't, what is the battery status on the one that won't connect? Recently, I've run into this...Putting them into the case, usually for me, it's the left one, it won't charge. Because it's not charging, it stays connected to the phone...like it's still on, and over time, drains the battery down to 0. So later, when I go back to use them, one connects and the other doesn't because it's battery is dead. In my case, I believe the issue is, the magnets in the case aren't really that strong, so they won't make a firm connection to the charging contacts in the case. I have to make sure when putting them in the case, to firmly push them in, and on to the contacts. Then check my phone to make sure they are charging...or as I mentioned earlier, one is and the other is still connected to the phone, meaning it's not charging...

I've also run into the an issue, when taking them out of the case, you get the pop up animation, and you can see it bounce back and forth on one of them, from being connected to not connected. Like you, I just put them back into the case, wait a few seconds, then try again. I'm going to stop by my local Apple store soon and see if they can offer any help...

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA

I had this happen with my pair that I bought last week. I took it back to Best Buy. Not just for this. The button on my left earphone wasn't working correctly and I was already considering a return. When the same earphone didn't connect properly all of the sudden, I took it back. Best Buy exchanged it for an identical one which is what I wanted.

Going to pay close attention to these and make sure there are no further issues. I really like these otherwise so I hope I don't have to find something else.

nas2344

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
CT
Yeah they’ve gotta be defective, I’d return em again until you get a good pair. Mine have been great and I’ve had them for about 2 months
[automerge]1571607189[/automerge]
Yup that’s happened to me as well, one drains cause it’s not secure enough. Make sure there making contact and charging

TNTee

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2019
Knoxville TN

I bought a pair last weekend and returned them today 12/7/19. The first day I used them they worked for 10 minutes while connected to my MacBook Pro for 10 minutes then they began to stop.then I would hit play and they would start again and play maybe 10 seconds then stop again. So I then tried them connected to my i[hone 11 pro max listening to iTunes and same thing. I tried the hard reset, I put. Them back in case and repaired them, still same thing. I tried Doing all the things I read in the apple forums still does same thing. I have had the beats wireless for several years prior and worked perfectly until they stopped taking a charge. SadlyI returned them back to Verizon today. I wish they could have worked properly because the sound was amazing and they fit my small ears perfectly. I hope apple can find the small glitches to these.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.