Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Word 2004 often has better performance, but Office 2008 has better compatibility with newer Office features. If you do use Office 2004, make sure you install the OpenXML converter so that it can open, edit, and save Office 2007+ file formats.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.

Riviera122

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2008
Thank you both above. Another question...

A DVD has got stuck in my PowerBook's drive. When I eject it, it comes out slightly but doesn't eject fully. There isn't enough for me to grab on and pull out. It stays out for a second but then goes back in. I haven't used the drive since replacing the keyboard - could it be something to do with this?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Thank you both above. Another question...

A DVD has got stuck in my PowerBook's drive. When I eject it, it comes out slightly but doesn't eject fully. There isn't enough for me to grab on and pull out. It stays out for a second but then goes back in. I haven't used the drive since replacing the keyboard - could it be something to do with this?
Pick up and hold your PB in both hands. Tilt the PB so that the optical drive points down towards the ground at an angle. Press the eject button. Essentially, you are using gravity to aid you.

I used to have to do this with my old 17" PowerBook. Otherwise the eject worked in the same manner you describe.

Last edited:

Riviera122

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2008
Pick up and hold your PB in both hands. Angle the PB so that the optical drive points down towards the ground at an angle. Press the eject button. Essentially, you are using gravity to aid you.

I used to have to do this with my old 17" PowerBook. Otherwise the eject worked in the same manner you describe.

Thank you, this worked a treat.

Reactions: eyoungren

Adiva12

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2015
I using Mac OS X 10.4 of rackmac3.1 with powerG5, CPU x2, Cpu speed2.3 GHz, L2cache 512KB Memory 4GB. It is as a file server for 20 mac client. Users always complain about slow performace in accessing file which are using in Photoshop.

Hack5190

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2015
(UTC-05:00) Cuba
This message is a consolidated list of the articles that I have written about the PowerPC & Leopard.

This is the "F.A.Q."section, if you have a suggestion or comment please post it in the original thread, not here.

SECURITY

SOFTWARE

OTHER

Last edited:

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Thanks for the post, bookmarked!

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
The clue is under his username above. ;)
Uuups, what happened, to make him being suspended?
SomethingsGoingOnHere.jpg

Think creative

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2013
odd question. I have screenwriting software that I want to get running on my soon to arrive powerbook g4 12 inch. Getting an old version of scrivener that worked was easy, but this seems like a hassle. It's final draft 7, and I have a spare activation code. But just checking their website, it appears that no activations will work anymore? Anyone know of a way of getting it working anyway? Aside from getting it set up, I have no plans on using the laptop to browse the web, if that somehow helps me be able to just use it without activating the software... if not, does anyone have a recommendation on screen writing software that would work on tiger?

AtaruBarreau

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2019
odd question. I have screenwriting software that I want to get running on my soon to arrive powerbook g4 12 inch. Getting an old version of scrivener that worked was easy, but this seems like a hassle. It's final draft 7, and I have a spare activation code. But just checking their website, it appears that no activations will work anymore? Anyone know of a way of getting it working anyway? Aside from getting it set up, I have no plans on using the laptop to browse the web, if that somehow helps me be able to just use it without activating the software... if not, does anyone have a recommendation on screen writing software that would work on tiger?

Final Draft on Tiger is great. Since you've bought the software, I feel like you should feel no shame about pirating it if the dev. do not offer you to active the old version. I guess old torrents of older Final Draft versions are still available and seeded.

Think creative

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2013
Final Draft on Tiger is great. Since you've bought the software, I feel like you should feel no shame about pirating it if the dev. do not offer you to active the old version. I guess old torrents of older Final Draft versions are still available and seeded.
thanks. I love my 12 inch but haven't been using it because I couldn't find good screen writing software. I own both a copy of 7 and 8, so yeah, I'll go see if I can find a solid torrent.

AtaruBarreau

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2019
Last edited:

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
One might also have a look at this link http://web.archive.org/web/20070303183856/http://infohost.nmt.edu/~holstien/g4fanswap.html (unfortuntaley some of the pictures seem missing. Some load slowly though).

and https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/the-noctua-way-or-the-highway.1748505/ (it seems noctua is the safest bet considering heat vs noise. There are different models though that focus the air differently.)
and https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...of-a-faq.2019506/?post=24127479#post-24127479

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.