Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...g-to-you-on-alexa-a-global-team-reviews-audio
I don't know about selling for ads, but I didn't mean to say they do that too. I wouldn't doubt it, and their privacy FAQ doesn't say anything against it.
[doublepost=1563318834][/doublepost]
If it makes you feel any better, Amazon employees heard a rape occurring through an Alexa recording and didn't disclose it.

I recall an online discussion back in the 1990s and someone wrote xyz must die. I suppose that it's an inflammatory thing to say but it's also a fact. xyz will die.

If you're an Amazon employee, how do you distinguish between a TV show or movie playing in the background and something going on live? I would venture to say that TV or Radio shows could trigger Alexa.

fairuz

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2017
Silicon Valley
I recall an online discussion back in the 1990s and someone wrote xyz must die. I suppose that it's an inflammatory thing to say but it's also a fact. xyz will die.

If you're an Amazon employee, how do you distinguish between a TV show or movie playing in the background and something going on live? I would venture to say that TV or Radio shows could trigger Alexa.
I'm not sure, maybe if it sounds like it's moving around the room. Somehow, if I hear a TV over a voice chat, I can always tell it's a TV.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
I met an an engineer from Huawei. Facebook was uninstalled but every time it was uninstalled it would come back and even when it showed it being gone it was actually still there spying in the background. I will not mention names to get anyone in trouble but Facebook is dirty. The engineer said this ran like a virus in the background

63F44763-28A6-4390-AB67-3E865CBB6D4C.jpeg 8D3F0F72-4462-45CA-99BF-917898F1614D.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.