Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hamtar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
Hi, i'm a complete noob, so please bear with me
i tried to jailbreak my itouch 4g with redsn0w
I successfully got to the part when i had to hold down the home button and let go of the power button
So the installation began. The picture of the green arrow pointing down on the usb came out on my itouch
that's when i let go of the home button. I think i did something wrong, because the installation suddenly froze and redsn0w was closed unexpectedly
The picture of the arrow pointing to the usb was still on the itouch
so i held down the power button and the itouch turned off
i think i turned it back on and restored it
the itouch was successfully restored because i had a backup of my previous settings
my question is, is my itouch in an O.K. state?
What did i do wrong?
can i try attempt to jailbreak my itouch again with redsn0w?
Thanks, i've never jailbroken before so i kind of freaked out..

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
It's in an OK state. You can try jailbreaking again although if your a "complete noob" as you say I can't really recommend jailbreaking, that's beside the point though.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I'd watch some videos on YouTube of Tysiphone help to get the process down first, then try again.

Hamtar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
Thank you everyone for responding
i tried to jailbreak my ipod once more and it worked
instead of holding down the home button, i immediately released it after the installation began

miclebarbossa

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2011
iPad successfully jailbroken. Happiness shall ensue.I have the problem to JailBreak my iPhone. The iPhone is 3GS with Modem Firmware 05.15.04.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.