Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
I know I'm a bit late for this thread; but anyone seen any bands they particularly like?

Personally I think this season's collection is particularly dull, palish, and boring. Even the Nike sport bands are unremarkable. Only the Alaskan blue and camel sports loops, and black-lugged black and aubergine leather modern buckles stand out imo.

BaddAdvice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2016
I'm not a huge fan of the two-tone sport loops for this go-around. I did pick up the 'pine' sport band and, although lighter in color than pics on Apple's site would suggest, I think it looks pretty nice on both the SBSS and SS models.

Reactions: ORK8

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I like the grey one. If I were buying a band I’d get that one.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
The Meyer Lemon (Leather Loop but also available as an iPhone 11 Pro leather case) is an interesting addition, it really looks more of a summer or spring colour with how bright and vibrant it is. Maybe they remembered us Aussies as it’s our spring time now!

Nah but otherwise, I think they’re ok. Pine Green is something actually new and different. The two toned sports loops, I’m neutral on them.

Reactions: twanj

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I know I'm a bit late for this thread; but anyone seen any bands they particularly like?

Personally I think this season's collection is particularly dull, palish, and boring. Even the Nike sport bands are unremarkable. Only the Alaskan blue and camel sports loops, and black-lugged black and aubergine leather modern buckles stand out imo.
I actually like this season's better than last.

MJ22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2017
I wish they had more “girl” colors. I’m a woman and I like the two tone bands but they’re all manly colors. The anchor gray will probably be my everyday go-to but I wasn’t crazy about the pomegranate or the Nike offerings. I’d really love another true purple or an aqua blue of some sort.

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
I’d love a real purple sports loop, or even better a leather loop - not the dark aubergine or the lilac iPhone 11 though, a real purple. Failing that a shocking pink leather loop would be nice, I have the dragonfruit sport loop already.

I do like the reflective Nike sports loops though and am considering Pink Blast/True Berry and Desert Sand/Volt - but might wait until Urvoi on Aliexpress has them and save some money.

Reactions: twanj and MJ22

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
I wish they had more “girl” colors. I’m a woman and I like the two tone bands but they’re all manly colors. ... I’d really love another true purple or an aqua blue of some sort.
I’ll say the same thing I say to the guys (who often seem to be afraid that if they wear a watch band of the “wrong” color, they’ll be mistaken for a girl - as if that’s a bad thing - so silly): colors aren’t inherently masculine or feminine - if you want pastels, that’s totally fine (I have some lovely ones in my collection). Fall usually sees Apple releasing darker, or more pale, colors, with an occasional jewel tone. Apple seems to do pastels in the spring and summer. Sometimes I think they follow fashion tropes a little too closely.

I’d be totally there for a strong purple (ultraviolet is too dark and too blue - more of a blurple), and aqua!

I’d love a real purple sports loop, or even better a leather loop - not the dark aubergine or the lilac iPhone 11 though, a real purple. Failing that a shocking pink leather loop would be nice, I have the dragonfruit sport loop already.
Purple Leather Loop? Take my money! And, yeah, a saturated true purple, not too dark, and with roughly even amounts of red and blue. I’d wear the heck out of that. Apple keeps missing the mark.

The Dragonfruit Sport Band is quite a lovely shade, BTW (not purple, more of a dark pink or rose), though rather hard to find these days.

Reactions: twanj and MJ22

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
The Khaki sport loop is beautiful. It's like a grayish green in person. Nowhere near as dark as online.The pictures do not do it justice! I also picked up the Camel Sport loop. I'll take pictures and post them later.

Reactions: scmill

mizmimi02

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2014
Midwest
I picked up several of the loops, which are my go to bands. I also picked up the pine band which looks AMAZING with my SS Gold, and the lemon. I'm hoping for an royal purple, light teal, maybe a robins egg.

Reactions: CarlJ

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
My favorite color is the Royal Pulse/Black Nike Sport band. I also bought the Black/Pink Blast Nike Sport, the Pine Green and the Brown leather loop

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
I’d really love another true purple or an aqua blue of some sort.
I’d love a real purple sports loop, or even better a leather loop - not the dark aubergine or the lilac iPhone 11 though, a real purple.
I'm hoping for an royal purple, light teal, maybe a robins egg.

I see a lot of love for purple here. Personally I really like the aubergine modern buckle although I think it's a shame it's only available for the gold SS 40mm. I would be very excited to get an Imperial purple sport band too!

Reactions: Brien

Beachmusic18

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2018
St Petersburg
I was too late for the summer yellow sport band, but got the lemon creme from the fall collection and am surprised by how much I like it. It’s been on for weeks now. Opening the box, I was disappointed initially with the pale color, but that changed and it’s now one of my favorites.

Aubergine modern buckle arrives Friday and I’m really excited to get that (finally). Love purple and this will be my first leather band. Gettin’ Fancy!

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I've enjoyed the Fall releases. So far I've added Royal Pulse/Black, Desert Sand/Volt, Alaskan Blue Sport Loop and Band and will be ordering Midnight Blue. I'm a sucker for anything blue so those are an easy sale for me. The two tone sport loops are interesting and different. A nice change of pace from other variations.

I'm another who would love to see another purple, like a deep purple.

Reactions: Strangedream

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I'm not a huge fan of the two-tone sport loops for this go-around. I did pick up the 'pine' sport band and, although lighter in color than pics on Apple's site would suggest, I think it looks pretty nice on both the SBSS and SS models.
you read my mind.

Apple bands - pine, lemon cream, meyer lemon, Alaska blue, Nectarine SL, Clementine, Midnight blue SL

Nike - Royal Pulse, Desert sand, Pink Blast SL,

Thinking about the Desert sand.

Overall pretty boring.

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
I was too late for the summer yellow sport band, but got the lemon creme from the fall collection and am surprised by how much I like it. It’s been on for weeks now. Opening the box, I was disappointed initially with the pale color, but that changed and it’s now one of my favorites.

Aubergine modern buckle arrives Friday and I’m really excited to get that (finally). Love purple and this will be my first leather band. Gettin’ Fancy!
I ordered a Spring '16 yellow sport band from eBay. If everything goes well I should have it by today and I expect it'd look great on my SBSS when I work out. IMO even the product red sport band has become duller.

Congrats on your first leather band!

Reactions: Beachmusic18

mizmimi02

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2014
Midwest
I see a lot of love for purple here. Personally I really like the aubergine modern buckle although I think it's a shame it's only available for the gold SS 40mm. I would be very excited to get an Imperial purple sport band too!

I found a 3rd party aubergine 44mm modern buckle on Ali Express, so I'm definitely going to give that a try. I would love a light orange as well, maybe something not so neon.

Beachmusic18

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2018
St Petersburg
Purple and orange are my favorite colors. Love the Hermès orange and would do that were it not for the silver stainless lugs not going with my gold stainless watch...and the price! LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.