Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenAigen

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2014
Up a hill
Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 19.51.10.png

BenAigen

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2014
Up a hill
Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 20.18.39.png

Port Ellen whisky is a very rare whisky with low stocks and only a small amount of spirit is released every year for bottling, therefore it is on the expensive side.

Try: The Whisky Exchange or, Master of Malt.

If you want the 39 year old above I would advise contacting Diageo in the UK to see if they have any in stock.

I would love a bottle or even a taste of the 39, but sadly my wallet isn't that big at the moment:):(:(

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I've been on a bit of a Rye kick, particularly for making an Old Fashion (I like the spicey counterbalance to the sugar/bitters).

If I want a quick/easy to find, something like a Bulleit 95, or Templeton "Good Stuff", and if it's a sipper too, I might move to a Michter's US-1 or my current overall favorite, High West Double Rye.

Since I've been using Rye, I also changed from the more traditional Angostura bitters, to their Angostura Orange product, especially against a peppery rye whisky.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
You might have better luck getting it here over MN. It's been a while since I've had Blanton's. It's supposed to rain this weekend. It might be time to consider revisiting Blanton's or anything else.

I’m guessing I’ll be out in the next 60 days. The temps here are pretty nice but expect it’ll change dramatically in October.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
I’m guessing I’ll be out in the next 60 days. The temps here are pretty nice but expect it’ll change dramatically in October.
Weather changed dramatically here in 2 days. From hot and humid to cool and cloudy. Time to begin your Christmas shopping, Gutty. Probably your Easter shopping too at the rate stores change their products! :eek:

Reactions: Gutwrench

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I've been on a bit of a Rye kick, particularly for making an Old Fashion (I like the spicey counterbalance to the sugar/bitters).

If I want a quick/easy to find, something like a Bulleit 95, or Templeton "Good Stuff", and if it's a sipper too, I might move to a Michter's US-1 or my current overall favorite, High West Double Rye.

Since I've been using Rye, I also changed from the more traditional Angostura bitters, to their Angostura Orange product, especially against a peppery rye whisky.

Angel’s Envy Finished Rye is pretty decent.

E7F2805E-95EF-4696-B160-9EB4AE99D525.jpeg

Reactions: D.T. and BenAigen

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Drank a bit of the Irish Yellow Spot last night. It's an excellent drink so far. I'd recommend the Green Spot too.

I have not tried the Red Spot yet, would be interested in hearing about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.