Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justoldios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
I modified the messenger app on ios6, and it works again on old but the best ios ever!
You can read and write messages from messenger app,but you can't create new message.
I working on it..

cw48494

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2015
What/how did you modify? I don't care to create new conversations, just need to reply and read.

Justoldios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
i modified the "info.plist" file.
i uploaded the full messenger.app on my owm website.(but it doesn't work)
So i uploaded the "info.plist" file to google drive. Anybody can download it.

Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lym-8TiziDrHRXOK9f35hPuJFCVqnW0m

Requirement:
-iOS 6
-Jailbreak
-iFile

Steps: (easy)
The "info.plist" file replace the original Messenger info.plist file.(like cracking)

Reactions: amitsharma1k

cw48494

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2015
I can't seem to get iFile to work, keeps crashing :(

Nvm, airplane mode fixes all.

Thank you sir!!

Last edited:

bcodemz

macrumors member
May 6, 2014
Amazing! Can you tell us what you did to make this work? Really curious since if a info.plist hack can do this, that means the original functionality is there.

carlvi

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2017
Cool hack - well done! One of the reasons I went from iOS 6 to iOS 9 on my iPad 2 was the demise of FB Messenger on iOS 6, so I might just give iOS 6 another spin on the device (for performance reasons) after reading this. Interesting how an info.plist hack restores the functionality of Messenger. I thought they shut down the older versions due to some big server-side change. Wonder if something similar can be done for WhatsApp - I imagine there are at least a few 3GS/4/4S users with iOS 6 out there who miss using WhatsApp :)

Justoldios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Tell me which app you wish use and i try to fix it for iOS6.

One tip for "carlvi" you said use iPad 2 and running iOS9, if you are missing iOS6 (style or perfomance) there is a way to running it again.
1. Jailbreak
2. CoolBooter
Check out "CoolBooter" it's a really good tweak for use older iOS.

Justoldios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Update
Facebook app is work again too.(facebook app messenger in app section)

APPLE SIGN IOS 6.1.3 ON IPAD 2/IPHONE4S

Reactions: Haztaze

nainu2

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2018
I modified the messenger app on ios6, and it works again on old but the best ios ever!
You can read and write messages from messenger app,but you can't create new message.
I working on it..
whatsapp not working please repair that.
[doublepost=1529853155][/doublepost]
Tell me which app you wish use and i try to fix it for iOS6.

One tip for "carlvi" you said use iPad 2 and running iOS9, if you are missing iOS6 (style or perfomance) there is a way to running it again.
1. Jailbreak
2. CoolBooter
Check out "CoolBooter" it's a really good tweak for use older iOS.

how to make whatsapp work in ios 6?

Haztaze

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2018
I working on it..

WORDS CAN’T EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE!!
but another bug, no profile pictures can be seen in chats, nonetheless awesome!

Tahosin

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2018
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.