Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveOooo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
UK
I have been given some ungraded footage shot on a sony fs700 - i have this file with the footage SONY_EE_SL2_L709A-1 (1).cube

Is there anyway to open this file in fcpx 10.3.4 - i have tried the pixel film studio plugin which will only work with the newer FCPX. I need 10.4 or newer to load luts but id rather not update my entire OS just to load a lut.

Otherwise, will just do color correct manually (its just a key note presentation so not exactly 'hollywood')

e1me5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Cyprus
I believe there is an option in 3.4 at the clip info page called "Log Processing" (you have to search though the different options but it is usually found in the extended tab)
Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 4.43.20 PM.png

It has LUTs for many different cameras including Sonys. It doesn't have the L709A you were given, but it definitely select an Slog2 Lut which is almost the same. (L709 is based on the rec709 lut but tweaked a bit by Art Adams to much the footage by the Arri Alexa camera. Hence the A in the name)
I don't remember if there is an option to search the finder for a lut. If there is just pinpoint the correct folder and you will be able to load it.

Reactions: steveOooo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.