Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applewraith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2014
I had to re-download some apps on my iPhone because I started using a new iTunes/App Store account, and I found out that Find My iPhone is no longer compatible with iOS 7!

Is there any reason they did this? And is there any kind of workaround? I think it's one of the most, if not THE most important security app on my device and I'd like to continue using it....

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
You don't need the Find my iPhone app to enable Find my iPhone tracking on that device. The app is just used to view the location of your various devices. It's the same as going to icloud.com.

applewraith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2014
You don't need the Find my iPhone app to enable Find my iPhone tracking on that device. The app is just used to view the location of your various devices. It's the same as going to icloud.com.

Oh I see, thanks!

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
I had to re-download some apps on my iPhone because I started using a new iTunes/App Store account, and I found out that Find My iPhone is no longer compatible with iOS 7!

Is there any reason they did this? And is there any kind of workaround? I think it's one of the most, if not THE most important security app on my device and I'd like to continue using it....

weird, the app works fine for me. i have 7.1.2

PhotoBee1

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2017
Did anyone every find something to use to replace the "find my friends" for an iphone 4 IOS7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.