Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadfrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
UK / Bournemouth
Hi,

Am trying to get a website together and am having a bit of an issue loading an external movie clip into another movie.

I have done this with one external movie clip, however it is when i am trying to load in a spatial test which i have created it seems to mess up.

the actual spatial test movie clip works as intended when run on its own, it is only when it is loaded into another movie that it breaks.

It all works until it gets to a section which includes dynamic text, could this be the problem?

Id be really greatful for any thoughts?

have included the site folder, to experience the problem run the mainsite.swf and then click on spatial test... you will get past the start section and then it freezes...

Thanks.

Rich.

Attachments

• testsite.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 334

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
The mainsite.swf file only shows me some black blips and a yellow bar, and nothing else. The spatialtest.swf only shows me a big yellow box. Kinda hard to diagnose a problem looking at those.

deadfrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
UK / Bournemouth
hmmm, ok thats very interesting... what version of flash are you using?

I managed to find out what was wrong and have now got the spatialtest.swf fully working inside the mainsite.swf. I had to lock the root to the placeholder movieclip.

I dont know why the movies wouldnt work for you, am pretty sure i exported them all properly.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it though.

Cheers

Rich.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
For playback I'm using 7. something. I'm guessing your fonts aren't embedded?

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
I'll look at it if you post it as an SWF or HTML ... im not about to DL a .ZIP. :rolleyes:

Without looking at it though, my first reaction is to check your _parent(s) to see if your calling out a level to short since the movie breaks when losded into another movie. Maybe use _root if it doesn't bug your HTML? Just a thought.

peace | neut

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.