Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Aha! That's tricky... So, shall I hope for your brother to be particularly forgetful over the circumstances and associated instructions under which he was given the pair in the first place? What an unforeseen happenstance... =D

No. Not tricky at all - it may well meet a number of needs simultaneously.

They are excellent headphones and not much used.

Besides, we're adults and he will perfectly well know the cost of those headphones, at least, he will if he googles them; for a - fairly significant - birthday a few years ago, I gave him my old MBA (I needed a new one) and he was thrilled.

A bottle or two of good wine as well, and I'd imagine that we may be good to go.

sartrekid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2014
Germany
No. Not tricky at all - it may well meet a number of needs simultaneously.

They are excellent headphones and not much used.

Besides, we're adults and he will perfectly well know the cost of those headphones, at least, he will if he googles them; for a - fairly significant - birthday a few years ago, I gave him my old MBA (I needed a new one) and he was thrilled.

A bottle or two of good wine as well, and I'd imagine that we may be good to go.

I thought it was obvious that my response wasn't all that serious. I failed, apparently.
Anyhow, whatever you and your brother decide, may it be the best decision for all involved.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
4fda395826f166b7018c0317316c9b53.jpg

....... I had to do it

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
If anyone here does invest in a P9, I would be fascinated to hear their feed-back, as I love the B&W headphone range.
i have given my new Bluetooth P7 purchase a test run. i cannot even believe their top performance irrespective of the fact that they are wireless. Wow.....

now we wait for the P9 review by somebody...please

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
i have given my new Bluetooth P7 purchase a test run. i cannot even believe their top performance irrespective of the fact that they are wireless. Wow.....

now we wait for the P9 review by somebody...please

Well, I have the P5s (my favourite headphones, ever, as I may have mentioned - they accompany me everywhere), and the P7s, (wired) - currently out on loan to my brother.

Delighted to learn that you like the wireless P7s.

Now, I will admit to feeling horribly tempted by the P9s, and, yes, would love to get feedback from someone who has actually invested in a pair.

From experience, I have long loved the quality of the B&W range; I love the high quality materials they have used in the headphones (real leather, & metal - not plastic), the comfort when wearing them (unmatched by anything else I ever bought), the attractive & elegant appearance (so stylish), and - naturally - the stunning audio quality.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Even though I got the P5s at BB on sale for $149, I ended up returning them. Why? Cause I tried the P7s about a week after that purchase. I knew the P5s were the better bang for buck purchase but I knew I would be regretting them.

Oh baby with the P7s. Wow!

Reactions: Tulani

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Even though I got the P5s at BB on sale for $149, I ended up returning them. Why? Cause I tried the P7s about a week after that purchase. I knew the P5s were the better bang for buck purchase but I knew I would be regretting them.

Yes, the P7s are wonderful, but - for travel - I prefer the P5s.

Instead, I use the P7s for armchair listening, and yes, they are that good, agreed.

Hope you enjoy them.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012

P5 wireless for $149 only?
That's a steal!

But yeah P7 are the real deal.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I wish I hadn't come here and looked at this thread. I need to sell some old cans and streamline my lineup.

Senn HD650's - Open back. I almost never use them.
B&W P7's - My original "nice" headphones. Don't use them anymore.
Denon MM400's - Replaced the P7's as my daily headphone.
Senn M2 Wireless - My current portable wireless.
Sony MDR-Z7 - My current desktop that I use at work.

I would love the try the P7 Wireless and the P9. I'm very intrigued by this lighting DAC. I currently use a Dragonfly Red with Lightning - USB cable to use any wired phones from my iPhone 7 Plus.

I just love music and the personal listening experience. My wife despises my collection (and probably only knows about half of it...)

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
Willing to bet like most wireless headphones they can be wired. The wireless part is for convenience more than anything else. Go for a jog. At the office or plane and don't want the wires to get tangled

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I wish I hadn't come here and looked at this thread. I need to sell some old cans and streamline my lineup.

Senn HD650's - Open back. I almost never use them.
B&W P7's - My original "nice" headphones. Don't use them anymore.
Denon MM400's - Replaced the P7's as my daily headphone.
Senn M2 Wireless - My current portable wireless.
Sony MDR-Z7 - My current desktop that I use at work.

I would love the try the P7 Wireless and the P9. I'm very intrigued by this lighting DAC. I currently use a Dragonfly Red with Lightning - USB cable to use any wired phones from my iPhone 7 Plus.

I just love music and the personal listening experience. My wife despises my collection (and probably only knows about half of it...)

I just picked up the Sennheiser M2s over ear for $200 (not wireless). Very nice. My problem is I cannot resist good prices. :)

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Sorry, but I fail to see any reason to spend $400 on a pair of wireless headphones, other than to make a statement. They wouldn't work for any demanding task and in a few years they won't work at all because the batteries will have died. And sound quality? You know how large, high res TVs make bad picture look worse? The same thing happens with compression and nice speakers.
I use the cable version pretty much every day. I love the headphones, they sound great and then some, have a very comfortable fit on my larger skull, and I am excited that these come in a wireless version now.
As much as I like them, I know mine will wear out and fail on me one day. But that's ok for me, as long as I get enough satisfaction out of the product. Nothing is forever.

Reactions: Tulani

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
I've owned 2 pairs of the P5s, C5s and now the P9s! I have to say the P9s are worth every cent. Sounds amazing, look great, and solid build quality. Highly recommend for anyone considering.

That's a huge investment right there!

Sam_S

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2016
Everywhere
That's a huge investment right there!

It is a big outlay but when you get 4-5 years of use out of a product its well worth it. I bought my first pair of P5s in 2012 and they got stolen not long after and the second pair has had about 4 years of solid use, around 2-3 hours a day at a minimum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.