Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Ok Thank you, that is good news. I have one more question, if you would be so kind.
It seems as if there are locations recorded in significant locations that are very far off from the actual location of the phone at the given time, perhaps even 100 miles. Is there an answer for why this may occur?
Thank you!
You mean your phone says you visited somewhere that is 100 miles away but you’ve never actually been there?

MORGiON666

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
Australia
Significant locations can be hit and miss, for peace of mind with the kids use find my friends. You can even use restrictions to stop them messing with the app.

All of my daughter have a iPhone for this very reason, as both myself and wife work we cannot be around all the time as they are coming and going from school. My daughters grandparents are also part of the find my friends group as they are closer to the kids location most of the time so they can get to kids current location in around 10 minutes.

Our daughters are well aware we use this feature for their safety and our peace of mind and are more than happy for us to use it.

Irishappletech

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2017
Ok Thank you, that is good news. I have one more question, if you would be so kind.
It seems as if there are locations recorded in significant locations that are very far off from the actual location of the phone at the given time, perhaps even 100 miles. Is there an answer for why this may occur?
Thank you!
[doublepost=1561041039][/doublepost]Do significant locations in the maps app itself appear everyday or just the days you frequent that location. I have a feeling it’s most days

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.