Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keetybwoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2017
UK, Hertfordshire
I’m actually thinking of going back to Android.

Every time there’s a new iPhone coming up, after an update both my wife’s and my iPhones start playing up and this year is no different. I think apple do this on purpose to make an upgrade.

Android phones have come a long way and dare I say it, better.

I have an iMac and just yesterday I helped my daughter with her homework. Simple task, add photos to a Word document with a description. I have Word on my iMac but for the life of me, I couldn’t attach any photos yet I could to Pages. Absolute rubbish.

The only reason I bought apple products was because I was fed up with buying anti-virus software which really slowed it down.

As you can guess, I’m fed up so if anyone can prove me wrong, please let me know.

Keith

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I have Word on my iMac but for the life of me, I couldn’t attach any photos yet I could to Pages.

Why? What was happening?

Also why is a Microsoft piece of software running on MacOS affecting your decision to get an iPhone?

Keetybwoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2017
UK, Hertfordshire
Hi keysofanxiety,

My work laptop is a Dell with windows 10 which works perfectly. I have installed Microsoft Office onto my iMac but it doesn’t interface well, like the example with my daughters homework where I couldn’t copy a photo from the photo library, which should be simple.

The other frustration is if I write a document on “Pages” and email to a non apple computer, when they open it, the formatting is all over the place.

The other issue is when I purchased my iMac it was fast but since it had an update, it’s so much slower. Again, it’s apples way of making me change my iMac for a newer version like my iPhone.

Am I wrong?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.