Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liam Steven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Hi

Has anyone noticed that when playing a video in Safari any music playing (music.app or Spotify) is paused but when the video is stopped the music doesn't resume. If you try to resume it via CC it simply wants to play the video again and you can see the URL of the video just viewed.

Not sure if this is by design or...

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
Hi

Has anyone noticed that when playing a video in Safari any music playing (music.app or Spotify) is paused but when the video is stopped the music doesn't resume. If you try to resume it via CC it simply wants to play the video again and you can see the URL of the video just viewed.

Not sure if this is by design or...

Yes, it is by design. If I am streaming audio/video via Safari, I might want to replay a song or video that I just listened to in Safari. One can just use fast app switching and start up the music app again.

Liam Steven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Yes, it is by design. If I am streaming audio/video via Safari, I might want to replay a song or video that I just listened to in Safari. One can just use fast app switching and start up the music app again.

Come back when you've re-read the original post correctly.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.