Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The threads listed below let you exchange your identification information for game platforms and networks, to help you find and recognize other MacRumors members.
========================================

WoW Users post your info here (May 2005)

"Official" MacRumors Mario Kart DS Online Racing League (November 2005)

Post Your Xbox Live Gamertag (November 2005)

Animal Crossing Friend Codes (December 2005)

MacRumors XBL Clan & GamerTag list (January 2006)

Need Friends for Metroid Prime Hunters (March 2006)

Animal Crossing DS Friend Code List - Post Yours! (June 2006, closed)

The official Xbox Live Gamertag thread. (August 2006)

Animal Crossing DS/Metroid Prime DS_friend code exchang (August 2006, closed)

Animal Crossing DS Friend Codes Part 2! READ FIRST POST FOR NEW RULES BEFORE POSTING! (August 2006)

[DS] Post Your Star Fox Command Friend Codes Here (September 2006)

Post your Wii code!! (November 2006)

Macrumors Members XBL Tag/PSN/DS/Wii #/etc! (February 2007)

MacRumors WC3 Members (March 2007)

Diddy Kong Racing friend codes (April 2007)

Call of Duty 4 MR clan [PS3]. (January 2008)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl online thread (March 2008)

GTA IV: PSN IDs and Gamertags (May 2008)

Post Your PSN ID for Everyone to See. (February 2009)

Novice Halo 3 ODST Firefight Friends List (September 2009)

Playstation Network ID (December 2009)

See the Code Sharing forum for iPhone and iPod touch game codes.

========================================​
Notes

In some threads, the original poster has used the first post for a directory of codes for members who have posted there.

The list of threads above is maintained by the MacRumors moderators. To participate in the exchange, click the thread for each game or game system you use.

Post in this thread only to discuss how we can help forum members find and use game code exchange threads, or to identify new threads of this type. Do not post game codes in this thread; such posts will be removed without notification. You can also send me a Private Message about new threads we might add to the list.

Suggestion

The game code exchange threads depend on the cooperation of the members involved.

We suggest that you post at most once in each game code exchange thread, so that others can use the thread for reference. If your information changes, edit your post rather than make another post in the same thread.
Note: This suggestion is merely a guideline, not a MacRumors rule, so do not report posts that don't follow the suggestion. The MacRumors moderators do not manage the use of these threads other than to enforce the forum rules that apply to all threads.

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
wouldn't it be easier to consolidate those three threads into this one? that way you don't need to search all three. and this is a stickied topic (i assume) which would allow everyone to see it right away, rather then need to be diverted to those threads.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
wouldn't it be easier to consolidate those three threads into this one? that way you don't need to search all three. and this is a stickied topic (i assume) which would allow everyone to see it right away, rather then need to be diverted to those threads.

I agree, one big sticky list would be easier than haivng 3 seperate lists with either redundant or different information.

Ed

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
If we were starting from scratch, there could be one thread for all game platforms, but the current threads already exist separately. The moderators and I didn't set out to manage or reorganize the code threads, just to help people find them.

Many gamers use multiple platforms, which might favor a combined approach, but having separate threads lets people find others on a specific platform more efficiently and avoids having posts for a less-used platform buried among posts for a more-used platform. So it's a tradeoff.

Perhaps some members would prefer that the "Macrumors Members XBL Tag/PSN/DS/Wii #/etc!" thread be divided into multiple threads, while others would rather see all of the ones above combined. In either case, our starting point is with the threads we have now.

If there is a strong consensus that we should start over with a single thread, or somehow combine the existing threads, or try to create a master directory of member codes, let's hear your ideas. Anyone is welcome to make suggestions or volunteer to organize things differently.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
having separate threads lets people find others on a specific platform more efficiently and avoids having posts for a less-used platform buried among posts for a more-used platform.

Exactly, if the Wii Codes thread gets bumped, I take a look at it. A thread with a combination of everything would get too messy too quickly. I don't want to have to sift through a ton of XBox Live tags. This thread works well to bring them all together, whilst keeping them separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.