Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kikic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2010
Hello,

I use reason for my midi tracks and garage band to record vocals. When I added the latest mix of my reason file, all the vocal tracks now are really slow. I've been reading on the forums and looked at the sample rate. It was set to 44/24 bit depth. I changed it to 16 bit depth, but that didnt change the speed of the vocal tracks. I also tried to re-export the midi track to make sure the sample rate was ok, but this also did not fix anything. Any suggestions on what else can I do to avoid having to re-record all the vocal tracks??

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
If you're adding audio to Garageband I would expect the new added instrumentals to be warped rather than GB changing the settings for the whole project. Have you pinpointed the problem to starting when you drop in your instrumental track? Meaning the vocals play fine before adding them?

kikic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2010
Yes, the problem started when I added the new instrumental track this last time around. Before then, I had changed it at least 4 times with no problem. I did not remember doing anything differently, just all of a sudden the instrument track plays fine but all the vocal tracks (there's 6 or 7) all of them are in sync, but all are now playing slow.

kikic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2010
Yes, the problem started when I added the new instrumental track this last time around. Before then, I had changed it at least 4 times with no problem. I did not remember doing anything differently, just all of a sudden the instrument track plays fine but all the vocal tracks (there's 6 or 7) all of them are in sync, but all are now playing slow.

kikic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2010
Yes, the problem started when I added the new instrumental track this last time around. Before then, I had changed it at least 4 times with no problem. I did not remember doing anything differently, just all of a sudden the instrument track plays fine but all the vocal tracks (there's 6 or 7) all of them are in sync, but all are now playing much more slowly.

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
6-7 instrument tracks? Sounds a bit like you're exporting a MIDI that you take into Garageband rather than bouncing to audio from Reason. That could mess up the timing if the MIDI is set to a different bpm than the GB project.

(Nice triple-post, btw)

MadamPresident

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2014
Hi everyone... Years have gone by since the last post on this thread, yet I'm having pretty much the same Garageband issue as kikic... I recorded 6-7 vocal tracks, then stopped to add a few midi tracks (some drums and synths)... when suddenly, without touching ANYTHING, the vocals are all slowed down and drawn out to about half speed, but the midi tracks are playing fine. The tempo on the vocal tracks hasn't changed. In fact nothing has changed. I am shaking my head at a total loss to understand what happened or how to fix it. I sure would appreciate any help. Been doing this a long time now and never seen anything like this happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.