Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I don't know of all Apple Stores are the same. It seems that my local store has a big turnover. This past Sunday I only recognized 2 out of about 12. Only one of the two was there at the store opening. The newer of the two agreed he said that many have returned to school or just left. I even have thoughts of giving it a try myself.

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
Last I heard on Apple employee discounts they were only on specific items that rotated monthly (from a friend of mine who was a developer working at Apple HQ). What's the discount for Apple store employees? (maybe I need to encourage a family member to work there hahaha)
-jim

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Worst experience I ever had at the Apple store was the only time I've had the chance to go in.

I was on vacation to Chicago this summer and was staying at the Delaware Street DoubleTree, just down Michigan Avenue from the Apple Store, so I took a walk one afternoon to go pick up an iPod case...and of course to ogle the G5s and PowerBooks. I got my black iSkin eVo, but when I checked out I got a rather sarcastic employee who asked me if I "wanted an iPod with that." No doubt intended in good fun, but is that really the way to speak to customers? I told him I already had one and that it was working quite well.

Apart from almost hitting the glass stairs on the way out, that was the only bad part of the experience -- especially since I knew that the overly jocular clerk wasn't on commission. When I go into a place of commerce to do business I expect to be treated with respect -- especially at the very moment when I am forking over thirty bucks.

But then again, there probably have been people who have tried to buy the case thinking that the cardboard iPod was the genuine article, so the guy was probably not being as rude as he came across.

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
JeffTL said:
Apart from almost hitting the glass stairs on the way out, that was the only bad part of the experience -- especially since I knew that the overly jocular clerk wasn't on commission. When I go into a place of commerce to do business I expect to be treated with respect -- especially at the very moment when I am forking over thirty bucks.
I think maybe you should lighten up a bit. I'm sure the human being behind the counter was just joking with you, and didn't mean any disrespect.

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
well im hoping to get a job at an apple store. but not for another half of a year, since apple stores in T.O. dont open till mid 05. i wonder how different it will be from the states ?

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
nosen said:
I think maybe you should lighten up a bit. I'm sure the human being behind the counter was just joking with you, and didn't mean any disrespect.

I wasn't really offended -- just a bit chafed. Usually cashiers don't try to be humorous in that way. Imagine if you went down to your local grocery, was buying some burger buns, and was asked if you wanted Kobe Beef with that.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
The Apple guys/girls at the store near us are nice... a little bit less refined than the ones at, say, CompUSA, but I like that better because they are just more human instead of sales machines. And I'd have laughed at that cashier's comment about an iPod, and might have said something like "No thanks to the iPod, but I'll take some fries" if you get what I mean....

JohnC

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2005
How do I apply for a job at the apple store? I mean how do I go about applying? Thanks for any help!

alfonsog

Contributor
Jul 17, 2002
Cape Coral, FL
I just wanted to say that the Tampa Apple Store is great and everytime I get there (I live 2 hours away) I usually see the same employees and lots of Mac's being sold!

DreaminDirector

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2002
Ladera Ranch, CA
JohnC said:
How do I apply for a job at the apple store? I mean how do I go about applying? Thanks for any help!

you can see what jobs are around your area if you go to http://jobs.apple.com . I got my job through there. You can also try going in to an apple retail store (if you want to work in the retail side) and talking with the manager. Try catching them when the store isn't busy (their usually in a better mood)....

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
I decided not to get a driver's license, since if I did I'd have accidents and stuff. And that would make it hard to become a Apple store person.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Um...dude...

kalisphoenix said:
I decided not to get a driver's license, since if I did I'd have accidents and stuff. And that would make it hard to become a Apple store person.

What?

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
alienex, next time look at the dates of the thread. This thread is over a year and a half old (almost), just positive criticism, we all learn. :)

alienex

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2005
lilstewart said:
alienex, next time look at the dates of the thread. This thread is over a year and a half old (almost), just positive criticism, we all learn. :)

Yeah I did. I didnt want to make a new thread. I use the search. I thought it was more of a courtesy to vets on the forum, id rather continue an old topic then start a new one about the same thing. Unless its necessary.

Thanks though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.