Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shotta287

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
I’m having this annoying issue on my Iphone 7 running iOS 13.2.3 where if I pull down on the apps screen to search or swipe right to go to search, the keyboard doesn’t come up but instead keeps glitching. My phone then becomes hot and any the keyboard doesn’t pop up anymore on any app that uses the keyboard i.e. Whatsapp, iMessage. All I get is the glitching.

Only way to get it to work nomally again is to perform a reset.

Is this a known issue on iOS 13.2.3?

shotta287

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
Anyone? Whatever this issue is, when it occurs my phone becomes hot. Think it puts a massive strain on the processor.

sarpler

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2019
Sounds like some background process gets stuck in a crash-relaunch loop. Could be something you installed, could be a corrupt file somewhere, could be failing hardware, etc. It'll be hard for anyone to help debug this over the internet since there are so many variables involved. You need to narrow down the possibilities, so start with all the usual first order troubleshooting steps:

- If you're jailbroken, turn off all your tweaks and boot into 'safe mode' and see if it goes away.
- Uninstall any other stuff that might be related (swype, gboard, etc) and see if it goes away.
- Go to general > reset and 'reset all settings' and see if it goes away.
- Go to general > reset and 'erase all content' and see if it goes away (make sure you have a backup first)
- Do a full DFU wipe/reinstall and set the phone up as new WITHOUT restoring from a backup or logging into iCloud/AppleID, and see if it goes away.

iOS 13 is pretty buggy and lots of people have been having issues, but it's mostly been related to murdering battery life and apps randomly quitting for no reason. I haven't really noticed anyone complaining about search/keyboard issues yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.