Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Had a couple of alerts this morning. Looks like GS have started reporting to the credit agencies as promised. I don't think it will be particularly impactful to my credit score either way though.

Erehy Dobon

Suspended
Feb 16, 2018
No service
I received alerts as well. My TransUnion score went up 6 points, about +0.73%. So yeah, not particularly impactful.

My credit utilization on the Apple Card is 0.0%.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
I received alerts as well. My TransUnion score went up 6 points, about +0.73%. So yeah, not particularly impactful.

My credit utilization on the Apple Card is 0.0%.

Hasn't hit Transunion for me yet but Equifax picked it up and gave me +3. I won't know if my FICO score changed for a few weeks as I just monitor Discover's free service. I'm 4 months shy of 5 years in the US and they're all around 800 though so I'm not worried about +/- a few points.

Both my frequent shopping stores (Safeway and Walgreens) accept it so it's become my most used card, by way of Apple Pay. Restaurants, gas, Amazon and larger purchases typically go on my Chase Prime card. Everything gets paid off at the end of the week at latest. Happy with my strategy here; haven't paid an extra cent to anyone but gotten a considerable amount back.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Everything gets paid off at the end of the week at latest. Happy with my strategy here; haven't paid an extra cent to anyone but gotten a considerable amount back.
Curious, any particular reason for doing it every week rather than let's say at the end of the billing cycle basically?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Curious, any particular reason for doing it every week rather than let's say at the end of the billing cycle basically?

Basically because I'm too lazy about it to remember when each report in. Using credit cards to pay daily expenses, then paying them off weekly (and I use weekly very approximately here. It can be 2 days or 10 days when I decide to check and pay balances) means utilisation is always low. If I make a larger purchase I typically pay it off that day.

As a recent-ish immigrant my overall credit limits still aren't great, despite my scores, so low credit utilization is one of the most important factors To keep it moving up.

Reactions: C DM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.