Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZicklePop

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2005

Has anyone reviewed this? I want to know if its gonna be just like any other 30 dollar speakers cause if so I want it heh. I've got a cordful one right now from CA with subwoofer and 2 speakers, I'm wondering if Googles speaker system would be equal to or greater than mine I have now.

Features include No AC Cord, Surround Sound, Trebel + Base controls, Orange LED when on. Works with Mac apparently ;-)

edit:fixed link

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
A "single, two-way surround speaker"?

Single speaker and "surround sound" are mutually exclusive terms.

"Audio lens technology" apparantly means that the "woofer" fires at the floor, the tweeter fires upward and the sound is directed 360 degrees by a curved reflector.

That means there will be absolutely no stereo imaging - the thing is designed to scatter the sound around indiscriminantly - hence "surround" in marketing-speak I guess.

"no AC cord" - no, instead it has an audio cord and a USB cord for power. 2 cords = 2 cords...

The woofer must be all of 2 inches in diameter. Bass response in any speaker depends on the size of the driver (the speaker) x the effective size of the enclosure x the power delivered to the driver x the efficiency of the driver.

What will it sound like? Well, it will be weak, because it can draw a maximum of 500 mA current from the USB, it will mono with no stereo image at all, it will have little or no bass compared with a subwoofer (small driver, low power, tiny cabinet size), but it will have a clever orange power light.

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
Since when did Google make speakers??? Must be some sort of a trademark infringement from a shady small time company. Vote: not worth your consideration.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
When they made speaker/or at least put their logo on some couldn't they at least give us a pair :confused: :eek: :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.