Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Asw86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
Been a fairly new and happy iOS user
But with just the disappoint that google maps hasn't been the same being a heavy user myself for work.
But I do believe that it is google issue really.

When I use google maps to plan my routes for work being a truck driver its strange that the Google maps on iOS doesn't give me total distance vs on Android OS (as in picture below)
And with being a truck driver I need to usually add via points as Google likes to give some routes down certain roads that are truck restricted in my region and sometimes need to use the trip planning for different routes and see mileage differences and so on..

Phone on the left is my prior phone (Huawei p20 running Android 10 vs my iPhone 11pro running 13.6.1 and latest version of Google maps)

The route is EXACTLY the same with same via points but of course the android version gives me distance vs the iOS version.

I have went through setting and couldn't find any selection for show distance or routes or similar, any other options, or is this just something Google needs to fix????

IMG_0030.jpg

dwellselectric

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2020
I’ve noticed the same thing. And google maps on iOS didn’t save your locations like it does on android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.