Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
but they should at least have a setting to toggle it off for the people like us that want it gone
They could, just like they certainly could have all kind of other settings for a variety of other things that would be useful to some. It seems like they don't think it's something that needs to be user-configurable -- that it's a notification that they want to be present in association with DND.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
not gone actually. it shows up again
Do you happen to have scheduled DND on?

If you turn DND on before the scheduled time and swipe it away, it pops back up after the scheduled time.

But if you don’t have scheduled time it doesn’t pop back up if you swipe it away.

Tried it throughout the day, unlocking/locking multiple times and never comes back. Even leave it overnight and in the morning the lock screen is still clear.

Was on 12.1.2 and now on 12.4, same behavior.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2012
What a fail, seriously. I can’t believe there’s no way we can turn this off. They could have added DND to the notifications center and we could have turned it off there.

I think I know the reason behind this. It’s often like that with Apples „new features“. They do this kind of stuff so they have something to announce for the next update, when they will „fix“ this issue. We’ve had Apple computer since the very start in our big family. But since then, Apple has become week and adapted to their clients, which are mainly dumb sheep today. Back then it was the other way around. Apple was visionary and enlightened people. But the idiotism of today’s consumers made Apple what it has become now.

Thelow1

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2020
Yea, you are right, I wasn’t receiving the alert cause it was off :( haha

Last edited:

defunder

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2017
Hello from 2021. Gah still no fix for this. These 2 extra clicks actually take concentration and wake me up more when I just want to get a quick look at my phone’s notifications before fully waking up.

Reactions: rocketbuc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.