Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
This got me really worried. They can‘t do US only release and tease us rest of the worldlings for 6 months with „coming this fall“...
I didn‘t get any notification in Germany and seemingly no one else has so far.. Please let us know if you live outside America and received anything.

Reactions: MCal27

MCal27

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
Stoke on Trent. UK
Nothing here in the UK... yes got me worried too.. I have a number of clients waiting and we were promised Autumn release... now past of course..

Reactions: chfilm

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Nothing here in the UK... yes got me worried too.. I have a number of clients waiting and we were promised Autumn release... now past of course..
If nothing in my inbox by tomorrow I believe the ship has sailed. Right now it could still be a weekend thing somewhat.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
This got me really worried. They can‘t do US only release and tease us rest of the worldlings for 6 months with „coming this fall“...
I didn‘t get any notification in Germany and seemingly no one else has so far.. Please let us know if you live outside America and received anything.
Even if ‘pre-orders’ are live on the 10th, I can’t imagine anyone receiving one before Jan, what with the chaos that is Xmas.

• Haha
Reactions: RyanXM

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
There may be export limitations for at least the first few weeks. Would not plan for 2019 deliveries for many, especially those outside US. Good luck to those preordering!

Reactions: thisisnotmyname

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Every single website in every country has stated "Coming later this year" with the understanding that most countries don't observe "Fall" like we do in the US.

However, that still implies 2019 release.
That would be real shady of Apple to say to other countries, "coming later this year" and only implying it as a US release.

Reactions: chfilm

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
I have a lot of friends over seas who receive email. It's not unique to the US.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
I have a lot of friends over seas who receive email. It's not unique to the US.
For sure? That’d be great news! :)
[automerge]1575823258[/automerge]
I think I’m gonna call Apple business tomorrow to ask them personally about if it’s coming or not and how to order it if I wanna place my order through the business store with that nice 6% discount :)

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
There may be export limitations for at least the first few weeks. Would not plan for 2019 deliveries for many, especially those outside US. Good luck to those preordering!

Supply restrictions are far more likely that export paperwork.

If Apple doesn't take orders from certain countries on 12/10 it is probably due to the demand bubble mismatch to supply. ( not particularly different than limited iPhone launches , though the supply squeeze cutoff at a different order of magnitude. Mac Pro in the multiple 1,000s range and the iPhone way, way higher. )

If Apple guessed substantially wrong on their preordering of parts ( e.g., too low on Vega II or too high on Vega II duo ) there will also be problems that they can only even start to correct once taking the pre-orders from the subset of countries they possibly start with.

Apple starts pre-orders on the 10th, but they don't ship until the 17-18th then there isn't going to be much time to build the customized versions for what Apple has not already made more than a few of in inventory. ( presuming they got the pre-order parts mix right months ago. ).

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
You do realize that these have been in production (base models at least) for over a month...people will have them before Christmas.

But how many folks want those base minimal across the board models ?

A month of production probably only means Apple has a several thousand. If they get 10K orders then they'll be out. Even if get several thousand order then there is a high likelihood that they will be a substantive number of mismatches ( because Apple didn't ask what folks wanted before they built it. I'm sure they are guess based up a limited set of "trusted NDA customer" feedback and some super dusty old Mac Pro 2010-2012 records. But those two highly likely have substantive holes in their predictive accuracy. )

I don't think Apple would have completely whiffed on their intial guesses but there are probably some very big holes there. Apple will tap dance around that with "We are surprised at the customer response to the Mac Pro and are overwhelmed , blah , blah , blah. " )

If the Mac Pro BTO page looks like the iMac Pro one then probably worse. If they are hiding their well matched guesses from the ordering page then there is a pretty good chance they know they are probably not all that great guesses.

• Haha
Reactions: RyanXM

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
You do realize that these have been in production (base models at least) for over a month...people will have them before Christmas.
Hopefully for people ordering immediately.... ?
From my perspective though (even though I’m not ready for one), we don’t know where international (non US) sales are being manufactured.
I just know the cut off date for international post deliveries is looming.

davidec

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2008
No one outside US has received an email. It's lunchtime in Australia and nothing here. It's quite obvious that they'll move to US first and follow up a few weeks later to the rest of the world, if the iMac Pro launch s anything to go by base configs this. year, CTOs Q1 2020. I am guessing that base configs will be in the top countries Apple stores in the next two weeks. Oz, Uk, Australia et all.

Reactions: MCal27

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
No one outside US has received an email. It's lunchtime in Australia and nothing here. It's quite obvious that they'll move to US first and follow up a few weeks later to the rest of the world, if the iMac Pro launch s anything to go by base configs this. year, CTOs Q1 2020. I am guessing that base configs will be in the top countries Apple stores in the next two weeks. Oz, Uk, Australia et all.
Yes, they've been receiving e-mail on a regular basis. I have no problem communicating through them via e-mail.

How long of a delay are you expecting for us non Americans?

tobiastimpe

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Just as a proof, this is the German version I got.
FF4B1ED6-CDAE-4568-BFFF-419987911EA9.png

OkiRun

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2019
Japan
Did you get that as a response to registering interest on Apple's US site?
apple.com/jp does not have a notify me link on the mac pro page. That link is on the apple.com site though. You can enter an email but I wonder if they know your ip address and that is associated with the notification. As of yet, none of my Japanese emails has received a notification yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.