Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Braddrum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
UK
Hi Guys,

Can any one help me get my Mac mini working?

I tried to restore the mac and it wouldn’t let me so I restarted it and now I’m just getting a constant loop of a black screen with white text stating “ Your computer restarted because of a problem. Press a key or wait a few seconds to continue start up”. Then it moves to an apple logo and the process starts over.

I’m frustrated beyond belief.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 5,990

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Which mini do you have?
Which macOS system version did you try to install?

Why did you need to restore/reinstall your system? Did you already have a problem of some kind?
Did you make a backup of your present system and all your apps and documents before trying the reinstall?

Finally, how were you trying the reinstall? From an external drive, or were you trying to reinstall from either the recovery system, or internet recovery?

If you have already been having problems before you began the restore, you may be better off by erasing the drive and doing a clean install.

Braddrum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
UK
Hi,

Thanks for replying.

It was my parents machine and they were hardly using it so they sold it on eBay. I updated the Software and then went to restore it using the method here.

Now I’m stuck in this loop of death!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Boot to the recovery system again (restart, holding Command-R), and reinstall macOS from the menu.
That may do the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.