Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macpro00

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2016
I have a 5,1 (hacked 4,1) with Boot Rom 138.0.0.0.0 with OSX 10.14.6 / X5675 processor. I've been reading the threads and am confused/overwhelmed with what I need to do. I understand I am limited to Movjave OSX. How do I update my firmware to 144? It appears my MP freezes when under heavy load. Hope that Boot Rom update will fix this? Thoughts and advice would be appreciated. Thanks, in advance.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I've been reading the threads and am confused/overwhelmed with what I need to do. I understand I am limited to Movjave OSX. How do I update my firmware to 144?

Apparently you aren't reading the threads fully. If you have read the approbate thread, but still don't understand, please ask in the thread already created for this purpose, instead of making a new redundant thread.

You may need to read it over and over, before it becomes clear to you...

Here is the thread you need to post in...

MP5,1: What you have to do to upgrade to Mojave (BootROM upgrade instructions thread)

macpro00

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2016
Apparently you aren't reading the threads fully. If you have read the approbate thread, but still don't understand, please ask in the thread already created for this purpose, instead of making a new redundant thread.

You may need to read it over and over, before it becomes clear to you...

Here is the thread you need to post in...

MP5,1: What you have to do to upgrade to Mojave (BootROM upgrade instructions thread)
Thanks - figured it out. My 5,1 now has the 144.0.0.0.0 Boot RAM. Cheers!

Macschrauber

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2015
Germany
For freezes check the northbridge temperature and if they differ a lot from northbridge die and heat sink check if one of the rivets are broken.

Common issue an there are threads here as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.