Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxjohnson2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2017
This is the first time I've done this. I submitted an online repair request and chose the option to drop off my device at UPS. Apple gave me the Repair ID. They sent me an email saying "You'll get another email soon that explains what happens next." It has been about 28hrs since and I haven't received anymore email from Apple.

I'm a bit confused because on the website they also said, "The UPS Store will have your information in about an hour. The UPS Store will pack your device and send it to Apple."

Do I only need to give UPS my Repair ID and they'll know what to do? Or is there another email I'm supposed to receive with more information that I need to present to UPS? Thank you.

Last edited:

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Contact Apple again and give them your repair id as reference and ask them if they're going to send you the email. Do not go to the UPS store and hand over your iPhone assuming they know what to do.

Reactions: maxjohnson2

Socket Meyer

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2020
So I have this question as well. I've been on hold with Apple for ages, and no one is picking up. And two different answers have been given here. So after paying for the repair and being told to wait for what's next yesterday... ... do I take it to UPS or not? Again, two different answers are here...

johnparjr

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Earth
So I have this question as well. I've been on hold with Apple for ages, and no one is picking up. And two different answers have been given here. So after paying for the repair and being told to wait for what's next yesterday... ... do I take it to UPS or not? Again, two different answers are here...
If it is set up to where Apple sends you a box wait for the box if it is setup to drop off at UPS then go to UPS if they say they cannot find your repair don’t let them have it and call Apple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.