Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
eYPCeSm.gif

zpOURld.gif

Welcome to our help department!

I thought we could have this thread so people could easily ask for tweaks instead of having them all scattered across the forum.

BUT, before you dive deeper and venture into the tons of questions, take a look at these common tweaks here, and please see if you can recognize anything similiar to what you are looking for;
If not, then be my guest and ask.

Perhaps you're looking for a GameBoy emulator for the iPhone 5?

S55mZNy.gif

Well then, I'm glad to tell you this is the best one. GBA.emu, easily found in Cydia. There are also the following emulators: GBC.emu, gpsPhone, Snes9x Ex & NES.emu.

Note: Update 9/2/2013 - In order to get this emulator, you need to donate the enlisted amount for the specific emulator you want and after you have sent him the transaction id + your unique Cydia ID you will then receive the emulator as a gift. Robert Broglia, the developer of GBA.emu is having problems with the terms of agreement with PayPal due to legal terms. Emulators and all that stuff doesn't go too well with such things. Therafore your only way to get this is to pay him the amount for the emulator via Amazon. More info here: http://www.explusalpha.com/home/funding/one-time

Warning! Installing too many tweaks/addons may cause springboard crashes and errors that may hog the performance of your iDevice and cause lag.
Review common tweaks before you proceed:

• Rinngo (lets you change and CREATE ringtones directly from your iDevice. One perfect tool. Note; spelling is "Rinngo", not "Ringo".)
  • Auxo (Shown in the picture above. Basically what Auxo does is that is remakes your whole architecture of the multitasker. Auxo "reinvents" it. Easy to use, simple UI.)
  • PasswordPilot Pro (lets you autoinsert your appleid+password everytime in AppStore and other apps with a MASTER password. Support for multiple accounts.)
  • BiteSMS (lets you send texts quickly even when you're inside an app)
  • Activator (lets you change around with different activation methods, disable the dragdown notification window etc)
  • Adblocker (disables all (most) ads in apps and safari/chrome etc)
  • SBSettings (lets you play around with toggles and free up RAM)
  • NCSettings (alternative to SBSettings. Simplistic UI with integration in notificationwindow + integrated support for Intelliscreenx.)
  • Appcent (lets you see the percentage of any downloading tweaks/apps on the homescreen)
  • Barrel (lets you customize the animations when you slide to different pages in homescreen)
  • Protube (lets you download videos from youtube , among other things!)
  • iFile (lets you dive deep into the different files in the iphone. Customize things. Do not touch if you're not familiar with codes).
  • Infinifolders (lets you customize your folders to have a lot of apps inside in difference to the standard folder with limited apps inside).
  • Infinidock (lets you assign pages within the dock and swipe them!)
  • Callbar - receive and get calls while still doing my thing on the phone, without it taking over the whole screen
  • Zeppelin (lets you change your carrierlogo)
  • Springtomize 2 (lets you change alot happening on the homescreen such as icons etc)
  • Swipeselection (lets you select a lot of text in a very easy gesture).
  • Winterboard (lets you change the look of your iphone's theme and look the icons").
  • FullForce (For iPhone) (lets you optimize every app out there to fit the resolution for the iPhone 5. 640x1136 on all of your apps. You no longer have to worry about an update for resizing your app to fit your phone. This is a very handy tweak.
  • iCleaner (lets you clean your cache and many other unnecessary files in your iDevice including files and unused dependencies in Cydia.)
  • VolBright (lets you hit the volume up and down at same time to change the adjuster to brightness instead of volume. Press both buttons at same time to change it back.)
  • InfinityTask (keeps your apps from getting killed.)
  • AppUpdateNotifier (lets you disable updates for specified apps)

And more...
  • 3GUnrestrictor5 – Use wifi-only features on 3G)
  • Accelerate – Faster (or slower) animations, as you see fit
  • AntiTint – Makes the iOS 6 status bar always black, rather than changing colors.
  • AppStoreUpdateSize – Shows size of updates in the App Store
  • AskToCall – Pops up a dialog asking if you are sure you want to call. I use this because I find it really annoying that tapping on an item in Recent Calls by default immediately calls back, rather than viewing the contact info.
  • BrightnessIcons – Homescreen icons to increase and decrease brightness.
  • BytaFont – Changes fonts
  • Cyntact – Shows pictures in Contacts list
  • DebianSaverLaunchDaemon – Whenever you install a Cydia package, this utility automatically copies the .deb file to the /var/mobile/Documents/DebianSaver directory. That way you can easily backup your Cydia packages, and also have the ability to manually downgrade them (by installing a previous version from its .deb).
  • DeleteWord – Hold the Shift key and tap Delete to erase the previous whole word. There’s a better version called DeleteWorld, but it’s not iOS 6 compatible yet.
  • DietBar – Makes Navigation bars thinner
  • DietBulletin – Makes notification banners thinner (so they fit in the Status Bar)
  • Dimmer – Lets you make your screen even darker
  • DisableNCSwitch – Prevents the Notification Center from swiping down in Fullscreen apps
  • DismissMyKeyboard – Swiping from Spacebar to Enter key makes the keyboard go away. Perfect for Messages where typing a long message normally makes it impossible to scroll up and see the earlier conversation while typing, but useful anywhere.
  • FastCopy – This doesn’t work on iOS 6 yet, but it is supposed to eliminate the delay before the Copy action menu pops up. It worked in iOS 5, and I have it installed because it doesn’t hurt, and that way I’ll know as soon as it gets updated.
  • f.lux – Warm display temperature at night
  • FolderEnhancer – I think this is better than InfiniFolders, but your preferences may be different.
  • FullScreenSafari – Swipe actions are great, though some of them don’t work quite right on iOS 6. Notably, I can’t get the 2-finger swipe Up and Down to trigger the Scroll to Top and Scroll to Bottom actions.
  • IconRenamer – Lets you rename icons on the Springboard
  • KillBackground – Lets you close all apps at once from the switcher in wiggle mode. (DashboardX Widget: WeeAppKiller
  • LastApp – Lets you set an Activator action to return to the most recent other app. Good for switching back and forth.
  • MobileTerminal – Terminal
  • Monocle – Lets you set an Activator action to put an app into fullscreen mode. I set it to only hide the Status Bar, leaving the navigation and tab bars alone.
  • MultiIconMover – Select multiple app/folder icons and move them all at once
  • Nitrous – Much faster (4× in my tests) Javascript in every webview outside Safari, including other browsers
  • NoSpot – Eliminates the Spotlight page
  • RespringCacheFix – Clean up junk files
  • RotationInhibitor – Lets you set an Activator action to lock the screen orientation.
  • SafariBookmarks – Moves the Reading List and History lines out of the Bookmarks list.
  • SafariDownloadEnabler – Download things from Safari. One shortcoming is I don’t see a way to download the webpage that is currently open, only ways to download pages that are linked to (by holding down on the link).
  • SafariPDFPrinter – Lets you print a webpage to PDF
  • ShowCase – Makes the keyboard show lowercase letters when appropriate. Even works for Greek and other languages.
  • SpringFlash – Lets you set an Activator action to turn on the torch. I set it to Lock Button Short Hold, so I have a physical flashlight switch.
  • SwipeShiftCaret – Awesome text insertion point and selection manipulation
  • TabPlus – Lets you open unlimited tabs in Safari
  • TetherMe – Enables native tethering, uses “phone” apn
  • TopographyForGoogleMaps – Lets you set Google Maps to topo view
  • UniversalVideoDownloader – Lets you download videos from any app.
  • WebScrollian – Much faster scrolling in web views
  • WifiPasswords – View your saved Wifi networks and passwords. Great for times when someone asks you for a Wifi password.
  • xMessages – Lets you make Messages show timestamps for all messages. Has some other contact-picture features, but they mostly broke in iOS 6. So I would actually recommend SMSTimestamps if you just want the timestamp for every message.
Credits for the added suggestions: Qaanol
Last Update: 26/2/2013

No, it's not in the list.
ZjYLLkI.gif

Please then, in order for us to help you it's essential you fill this form to find your requested tweak among our knowledge here on the forums. Please be specific and try to look for details. This will give us a more accurate field of hunt.

FORM:
What it does:
In detail description: (Optional, increases our chances of finding it)

EXAMPLE:
What it does: Enables a little portrait next to your texts in Apples Message app.
In detail description: It's not BiteSMS and it does what BiteSMS shows to do with the icons, if you look next to your texts there you'll see the exact feature. An icon for every contact.

Give it time!

DJBLXT7.jpg

Give us time to search. Please keep in mind this is a non-profit-making help you're getting here so please be patient.

... and receive your answer shortly: Cyntact
i0mpC8z.gif

You're done! Remember, you're always welcome to return!

Last edited:
Reactions: bauloc and Glad_007

puppers

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
Detroit, MI
Need to find a tweak? Ask here!

I thought we could have this thread so people could easily ask for tweaks instead of having them all scattered across all the forum threads out there.

So use this form to find your tweak among our knowledge here on the forums:

What it does:
In detail description:

I'll start off:

What it does: Enables a little portrait next to your texts in Apples Message app.
In detail description: It's not BiteSMS and it does what BiteSMS shows to do with the icons, if you look next to your texts there you'll see the exact feature. An icon for every contact.

Good idea. But you did not name your app :eek::)

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
I'll start off:

Its Copic!
Is there anything else I can be of assistance with? :)

Additional note: Go in settings and disable the effect for mail, cause it overlaps the read/unread mark.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Is there any tweak that would put spotlight onto the first page and place the search bar above your icons, sort of like a widget?

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Use the forms guys , thanks !
Ill look into that Sig, not too sure that was what I've heard .

jj47

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
What it does: Disables gradient behind the clock on the lock screen.

Thanks

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
What it does: A tweak that allow me to add a picture to the message/iMessage background.

I found this, might still be available:

Changing Your SMS Background

1. Tap "Cydia" on your iPhone.

2. Tap "Search," then type "SMS/Desktop Background." Tap "Install." Tap "Confirm" to allow the app to install.

3. Tap "Settings," then "Wallpaper."

4. Select the wallpaper you want to use.

5. Tap the "i" icon found on the upper left side of the photo you've selected. This will change your SMS background to the wallpaper you've selected.

More info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OH7kRKn4fM

Come back and let me hear if it worked out!

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Is there a tweak that will allow me to change the appearance of an icon? I would like my folders to be invisible (no preview of the icons inside).

Roobsa

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
London
I'm looking for a specific type of slider. Something very similar (hopefully the same) to the one in the attached image.

The rest of the theme is LS Mini but there isn't a slider that comes with that theme. I know there's Minimal Slider HD but it's not quite want I want for my setup.

Attachments

• HartGk0.jpg
    HartGk0.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 690

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Springtomize allows for this.

I have Springtomize 2, the updated version, but it doesn't allow it. When I set it to hide preview, disable animation, hide background, hide label, disable badges, auto close, etc., it hides the actual folder, but you can see tiny little icons floating on the page. These are the little icons that you see when you look at a normal folder.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I have Springtomize 2, the updated version, but it doesn't allow it. When I set it to hide preview, disable animation, hide background, hide label, disable badges, auto close, etc., it hides the actual folder, but you can see tiny little icons floating on the page. These are the little icons that you see when you look at a normal folder.

I see what you mean. I didn't try it myself but I saw the option available.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I'm looking for a specific type of slider. Something very similar (hopefully the same) to the one in the attached image.

The rest of the theme is LS Mini but there isn't a slider that comes with that theme. I know there's Minimal Slider HD but it's not quite want I want for my setup.

Where did you get the picture from? Easiest way to find that specific lockslider is to ask the owner.

Nice idea.

Wonder if we can have it stickied.

Will probably never happen. They are very strict about that.

Roobsa

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
London
Where did you get the picture from? Easiest way to find that specific lockslider is to ask the owner.

I got it from Reddit and have sent them a PM but it's been a couple of hours and no luck so I figured I'd see if anyone here knew.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
What it does: Changes the background behind the notification panel.

Detail: A tweak that allows me to change the ugly default background behind the notification panel, either by using included backgrounds or my own. If this ability is included in one of the more comprehensive apps/tweaks, that would be fine too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.