Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2013
Never done it with an actual Hermès band (I find them too short), but I have used the NEWON lugs on my 3rd party Hermès replica bands as well as Apple OEM bands and they match my SBSS case very nicely and are pretty easy to work with.
Can you advise on best place to get the third party ones please? The one I want is completely sold out online and in stores. Thanks

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I went with the CAILIN Indigo/Craie because I could get it long (220mm). My other is a Clatune Bordeaux/Rose Extrême/Rose Azalé. Both from Amazon and both under $20 each. I find the quality of the leather acceptable, though I am sure it pales in comparison to the OEM bands.

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2013
I went with the CAILIN Indigo/Craie because I could get it long (220mm). My other is a Clatune Bordeaux/Rose Extrême/Rose Azalé. Both from Amazon and both under $20 each. I find the quality of the leather acceptable, though I am sure it pales in comparison to the OEM bands.
I’m after the Single tour noir all
Black but sold out everywhere? Amazon has similar but unsure

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
Checked for a couple of days now. Also checked Apple and out of stock.
So disappointed.

yeah you kind of have to be persistent. it's how i was able to get the Bordeaux/Rose Azalee/Extreme single tour. It was sold out for months until Hermes randomly restocked.

Within the last few weeks where the Noir band was sold out on apple ive seen hermes restock it several times.

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2013
yeah you kind of have to be persistent. it's how i was able to get the Bordeaux/Rose Azalee/Extreme single tour. It was sold out for months until Hermes randomly restocked.

Within the last few weeks where the Noir band was sold out on apple ive seen hermes restock it several times.
Ok thanks I’ll keep checking.

Reactions: rosegoldoli

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
got my hermes ss watch rose gold plated and wow

0CA5D52A-5BF3-4D6D-B42B-C6C71E15E09A.jpeg
2B135732-4936-4B45-9897-7E0E90054B0C.jpeg
B320F60A-F5E9-4FD7-9C0A-E958D0978077.jpeg

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
^^^
Interesting. Not for me, but I admire the gusto. How much did that run you if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks. I did it through the Time Preserve and it was about $500. I really love the watch but the silver just wasn't for me and apple discontinued Rose Gold altogether so it was kinda my only option to get what I wanted esp for an Hermes watch

Reactions: anthonymoody

lostinwent

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2015
They are still in operation? Their instagram account has had no update for a long time now...
Would love to plate some bands to match the SBSS!

Thanks. I did it through the Time Preserve and it was about $500. I really love the watch but the silver just wasn't for me and apple discontinued Rose Gold altogether so it was kinda my only option to get what I wanted esp for an Hermes watch

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
They are still in operation? Their instagram account has had no update for a long time now...
Would love to plate some bands to match the SBSS!

yes their website hasn't been updated since series 3 but they were still alive and functioning. they even answer emails and calls!
whoa Super beautiful! Way to go to create a unique Apple Watch”edition”!

Thanks! I just love the rose gold look and the silver stainless steel wasnt for me but i wanted the hermes watch functions

lostinwent

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2015
Thanks! And great looking rosegold btw ;)
yes their website hasn't been updated since series 3 but they were still alive and functioning. they even answer emails and calls!

Thanks! I just love the rose gold look and the silver stainless steel wasnt for me but i wanted the hermes watch functions

Jvjlite

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
If anyone is still looking for the Hermès SBSS 40mm or 44mm, you might try an Hermès Store near you. I called this morning (Dallas). They just got a shipment & I bought one.

Jvjlite

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
The one I bought was a 40mm. I emailed US Hermès earlier today. They suggested I check local stores. That’s how I found the 40mm. The post #3144 is for the 44mm. Check a local store for the 40mm. You might score one.

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
Hey guys so i got my Hermes Noir single tour band today, and was wondering if there's anything to do on leather maintenance? or do u just wear it and let it be? thanks!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Hey guys so i got my Hermes Noir single tour band today, and was wondering if there's anything to do on leather maintenance? or do u just wear it and let it be? thanks!
For the non-Fauve bands, I occasionally wash them with a microfiber cloth and saddle soap. I wore one band every day for 2 years and it was still in decent shape when I upgraded to the Noir.

Reactions: jaytee86

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
I have a leather cleaner and conditioner which i use to keep the leather moist. The Fauve is my favorite band but it's also in my opinion the most delicate but the other bands are resistive to issues.

Noir is nice because you can hide blemishes better. I just checked the Hermes store, i don't see the Noir - only if you buy the watch.

Reactions: jaytee86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.