Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
I have a leather cleaner and conditioner which i use to keep the leather moist. The Fauve is my favorite band but it's also in my opinion the most delicate but the other bands are resistive to issues.

Noir is nice because you can hide blemishes better. I just checked the Hermes store, i don't see the Noir - only if you buy the watch.

i got it via apple store app.. by selecting any other single tour band, there might be a noir option (black circle) if u look around the colour change selections..

See the second circle? it's not visible if u go to the watch strap main page..
1574828030563.png

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Guys, I found the ss black series 5 hermes, but I already bought titanium Edition one... would you risk 1400€ being on my place for the SECOND watch?..
I have the Noir Hermès and like it a lot. It’s rarer than the Titanium, so go for it!

Reactions: DeepIn2U

elee20

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
If anyone is still looking for the Hermès SBSS 40mm or 44mm, you might try an Hermès Store near you. I called this morning (Dallas). They just got a shipment & I bought one.

I just purchased one too, but the box is ORANGE.
Surprised b/c the watch itself is black, but they changed the box

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
oh really? You purchased it from Hermes? Or Apple?
[automerge]1575289721[/automerge]
Can you show a photo of what you did get?

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Maybe the black boxes ran out and they are re-releasing it in the orange box?

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Guys, I found the ss black series 5 hermes, but I already bought titanium Edition one... would you risk 1400€ being on my place for the SECOND watch?..

Not sure what you mean by "risk" in this context. Are you talking about your exposure on the used market down the line?

Maybe the black boxes ran out and they are re-releasing it in the orange box?

Hmmmmm. When the announcement was first made I specifically commented here a few times pointing out that the specific text Apple uses in the marketing for the SBSS was:

"It’s available for a limited time with special packaging, and includes an additional black Hermès Sport Band."

Depending on how one reads this, it could very well be that it's the availability of the special packaging, and not the watch itself, that is only available for a limited time. No one responded to any of my comments back then, and my supposition seemed iffy at best. But it sure looks like this could be the case. That said though, it's still not available on Apple's site.

I guess we'll see if/as others purchase, and whether it ultimately reappears on Apple.com.

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
Not sure what you mean by "risk" in this context. Are you talking about your exposure on the used market down the line?

Hmmmmm. When the announcement was first made I specifically commented here a few times pointing out that the specific text Apple uses in the marketing for the SBSS was:

"It’s available for a limited time with special packaging, and includes an additional black Hermès Sport Band."

Depending on how one reads this, it could very well be that it's the availability of the special packaging, and not the watch itself, that is only available for a limited time. No one responded to any of my comments back then, and my supposition seemed iffy at best. But it sure looks like this could be the case. That said though, it's still not available on Apple's site.

I guess we'll see if/as others purchase, and whether it ultimately reappears on Apple.com.
Now I am confused. I would like to get the all-black edition in all-black boxes, of course. Seems like I am out of luck here...
[automerge]1575313201[/automerge]

And - sorry - I was not a forum member when you posted that...

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
Does anyone know if they will every bring back the Black Noir as standalone band purchase? It's a bit odd to me that they hid the location of this item on the Apple store and Hermes doesn't even have this item in their website besides the package with the Apple.

I wonder if both Hermes and Apple are trying to steer customers into buying the watch.

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
Does anyone know if they will every bring back the Black Noir as standalone band purchase? It's a bit odd to me that they hid the location of this item on the Apple store and Hermes doesn't even have this item in their website besides the package with the Apple.

I wonder if both Hermes and Apple are trying to steer customers into buying the watch.

i think what we are getting are the remnants of the productions, and maybe there won't be anymore..
[automerge]1575330681[/automerge]
I bought it from Hermes.
The clerk was also confused about the change of box color.

View attachment 880389

View attachment 880390

View attachment 880393

my noir band (didn't get the watch) bought last week also came with an orange box..

EAF61B49-6026-4F3B-93CC-F5AB3CA5BA56.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: KPOM

amarano

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
hey i’m new to this thread but also an impulse buyer so the other day i figured i “needed” an hermes edition to replace my apple watch 1 SS

after doing some research it seems that the black SS hermes is still going to be produced just not with the black box

i called one store and they only had the watch but not the band and said they can’t sell me just the watch with a different band , i found that strange.

another store has the band but not the watch. but they said they could order me the watch from their warehouse

and another store which is about an hour and a half away said they have the watch with the band but it comes in the orange box. i asked if it was the only one and they said no they have a few

don’t know if this helps anyone but i found the store having the watch but not the band strange i thought they come packaged together?

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
hey i’m new to this thread but also an impulse buyer so the other day i figured i “needed” an hermes edition to replace my apple watch 1 SS

after doing some research it seems that the black SS hermes is still going to be produced just not with the black box

i called one store and they only had the watch but not the band and said they can’t sell me just the watch with a different band , i found that strange.

another store has the band but not the watch. but they said they could order me the watch from their warehouse

and another store which is about an hour and a half away said they have the watch with the band but it comes in the orange box. i asked if it was the only one and they said no they have a few

don’t know if this helps anyone but i found the store having the watch but not the band strange i thought they come packaged together?

They do come packaged together. Whomever you spoke with was mistaken.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
i think what we are getting are the remnants of the productions, and maybe there won't be anymore..
[automerge]1575330681[/automerge]

my noir band (didn't get the watch) bought last week also came with an orange box..

View attachment 880476
Interesting. I would like it if Apple offered an Hermès Edition next year in titanium or ceramic. Your combo is very distinctive.
[automerge]1575427438[/automerge]

It was billed as a limited edition, and apparently they meant it. Hermès is a fashion brand, and scarcity is a feature, not a bug. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more limited editions. If you think about it, the cuff band, the double-cuff, etc were de facto limited editions.

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
They do come packaged together. Whomever you spoke with was mistaken.

There are TWO boxes. The big one with the watch itself, the charger and the orange sports band and a separate box with the band. The box with the leather band (of your choice) goes into the lower part of the big box.
So: They do have the watch without the Hermès leather band in stock (all identical except the models) and add the box with the band the customer asks for. But: No separate bands, no watch to sell...

Last edited:
Reactions: rMBP2013

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
There are TWO boxes. The big one with the watch itself, the charger and the orange sports band and a separate box with the band. The box with the leather band (of your choice) goes into the lower part of the big box.
So: They do have the watch without the Hermès leather band in stock (all identical except the models) and add the box with the band the customer asks for. But: No separate bands, no watch to sell...

Yes I understand that and have two Hermes AW myself. But they do not sell the SBSS Hermes watch without the black band, full stop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.