Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lyric

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2019
So, not an owner yet, but I ordered the 44mm Hermès noir from hermès.com and I should be getting it sometime next week. Ordered from the website because it isn’t available through Apple (US). I have small wrists but prefer the 44mm but am thinking that the band will definitely be too big and have read in this thread that people have a hard time getting an extra hole punched in the band at the Hermès stores. Also, once you open the packaging you can’t return it? What craziness is this? I have other bands that I can use but having an Hermès band that I won’t be able to use at all if I can’t get an extra hole punched in it seems like a waste. Debating on returning the watch without even opening it when it arrives. Should have just ordered from Apple when they were available.

Last edited:
Reactions: circatee

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
So, not an owner yet, but I ordered the 44mm Hermès noir from hermès.com and i should be getting it sometime next week. Ordered from the website because it isn’t available through Apple (US). I have small wrists but prefer the 44mm but am thinking that the band will definitely be too big and have read in this thread that people have a hard time getting an extra hole punched in the band at the Hermès stores. Also, once you open the packaging you can’t return it? What craziness is this? I have other bands that I can use but having an Hermès band that I won’t be able to use at all if I can’t get an extra hole punched in it seems like a waste. Debating on returning the watch without even opening it when it arrives. Should have just ordered from Apple when they were available.

ive heard its easy to get an extra hole punched in as the 44mm band will be big on you

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
So, not an owner yet, but I ordered the 44mm Hermès noir from hermès.com and I should be getting it sometime next week. Ordered from the website because it isn’t available through Apple (US). I have small wrists but prefer the 44mm but am thinking that the band will definitely be too big and have read in this thread that people have a hard time getting an extra hole punched in the band at the Hermès stores. Also, once you open the packaging you can’t return it? What craziness is this? I have other bands that I can use but having an Hermès band that I won’t be able to use at all if I can’t get an extra hole punched in it seems like a waste. Debating on returning the watch without even opening it when it arrives. Should have just ordered from Apple when they were available.

you mean punch into the leather band or the sport loop? I got the noir band (didn’t get the watch casing) and managed to punch in a max of 2 more holes. Any more and the Band won’t be able to pass through the metal clasp, so 2 is the limit. If you’re talking about the sport loop, I’ll be very curious how we can punch an extra hole :)

Lyric

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2019
you mean punch into the leather band or the sport loop? I got the noir band (didn’t get the watch casing) and managed to punch in a max of 2 more holes. Any more and the Band won’t be able to pass through the metal clasp, so 2 is the limit. If you’re talking about the sport loop, I’ll be very curious how we can punch an extra hole :)

I’m talking about the leather band. Hopefully two holes will be enough or else I’m out of luck since I do not want the 40mm as my SS gold is also 44mm.

As far as the sport loop, not sure. Would be great if there was a way.

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home

I was myself rather astonished about the fact, that for Hermès a second piece of Polyelastomer exceeds their possibilities.

However: very small wrist here as well, the M/L sports band is too short and needs additional holes.
- Took another sports band from Apple
- Placed it on the Hermès band as reference for the holes
- Used a slow turning drilling machine and a 1mm drill, to make a hole at the right place.
- removed the reference band and used larger drill to get the appropriate size.

Works, fits.

As for the leather band: Piece of cake. They must have these hole punchers, as they need to do that all the time. They had it at my Hermès Shop.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
I was myself rather astonished about the fact, that for Hermès a second piece of Polyelastomer exceeds their possibilities.
It must be intentional, the Edition models have both band sizes included.

Lyric

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2019
I’ve had no issues getting this done at the local Hermès store. Must’ve had additional holes punched by them on 6 Hermès leather bands

My statement is based on people in the US (where I am) who said it was a little difficult to get done. Are you in the US? Your profile says Australia.

Either way, I purchased a leather hole puncher which should hopefully get the job done.

Last edited:

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
Guys, I need your help with searches

I need Hermes Black sport band unused and in untouched paper cards. I am ready to pay good money. Can anybody help me to find it? I am ready to pay good $, but the band have to literally never be taken out of the carton it was shipped with.

Thanks in advance!
[automerge]1575893926[/automerge]
My statement is based on people in the US (where I am) who said it was a little difficult to get done. Are you in the US? Your profile says Australia.

Either way, I purchased a leather hole puncher which should hopefully get the job done.
P.s. probably if you are willing to part with sport band from the bundle of your Noir Watch - please let me know. My collection won't be full without this band...

Lyric

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2019
Sorry, this is my first ever Hermès Watch so I’m planning on keeping my bands.

Lyric

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2019
All set up!

a5b32b617cc68204f0e18f27607195dc.jpg

rMBP2013

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2013
Sydney
Tried ordering Noir Hermes (SBSS), but it's all sold out.

I called a local Apple store and the rep said that to try again in the New Year's. There might be more available then.

Let's wait and see.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Who’d have guessed the noir Hermès would be so popular? Apple has to offer it again next year, right? Those watch faces are nice.

Reactions: rosegoldoli

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
you come to Hermes retail store, give them band, and wait. I waited for almost 3 months :(

because i found a rare hermes band (Rose Jaipur single tour) but it looks like it could use some repair/cleaning. whats the cost of repair?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.