Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d.steve

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
I updated one camera. It’s working well so far. No pets and no cars visible so I set it to record on detecting people, notify when a clip is recorded.

It used to be really spammy from wind moving branches, etc. Now it’s really clean. But it does add seconds of delay before it detects a person and notifies.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I updated one camera. It’s working well so far. No pets and no cars visible so I set it to record on detecting people, notify when a clip is recorded.

It used to be really spammy from wind moving branches, etc. Now it’s really clean. But it does add seconds of delay before it detects a person and notifies.
Nice! Looking forward to trying this out

DeanL

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2014
London
From what I've noticed so far, it sucks. Circle Safe used to show you the first 5-10 seconds before the movement detected. So far, HomeKit Secure Video seems to only store the 2-5 seconds after the movement is detected. As if it takes too long for the Apple TV to process the movement.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Yeah, would have been so nice. It’s 9.99/mo for one camera for zones and person detection with Logi circle safe.
No doubt the HomeKit Cameras feature is a good deal but I’d pay an extra few bux for motion zones. I also have many more than five cameras.

d.steve

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
No doubt the HomeKit Cameras feature is a good deal but I’d pay an extra few bux for motion zones. I also have many more than five cameras.
17.99/mo for up to 5 cameras with Logitech. not sure how you’d get a lot more than that unless you have something else or paying a ton via multiple accounts. If you don’t have circle 2 then it’s kind of moot right now as what you have doesn’t support HSV.

Once the Eufycam 2 has it, we’ll see if its built-in zone capabilities are enabled with HSV.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Looks like this long awaited feature is going to be useless for me. I didn’t know that if you switch over to HSV, you lose all functionality in the Logi Circle app. So if I do move 5 of my cameras to HSV (maybe 4 since I’m still waiting on the Netatmo door bell and I’ll need to save a spot) that means that I’ll have the remaining 15 cameras in the Logi app. This is not the streamlining I was hoping for. Not to mention day brief and motion zones are gone. I’m sure this is not on Logitech but the thanks I get for buying all that hardware is frustrating. Don’t understand why Apple can’t just make more than two levels of subscriptions depending on the amount of cameras you have. It’s not being charged to your iCloud storage anyway and I’m probably in the minority with this absurd mount of cameras for a residence lol. I’m still optimistic that they’ll allow more cameras with higher subscriptions in the future. Some people have multiple locations setup within their home app and it’s not reasonable to expect them to divvy that up between locations. This is still in beta I suppose. Maybe it’s test run.

My question is, what happens if I accidentally update the firmware on say 6 cameras. How does that last camera show up in the Home app? Apparently it gets dropped from the Logi app so will I at least be able to manipulate the setting for that camera in the Home app? To my understanding recordings will not occur and I’d have to contact Logitech to reinstate it in the Logi app.

I don’t even need 10 days worth of storage. 24 hours is more than plenty to grab any important recording and share it to my photos app. That’s what I’ve been doing with the Logi app anyway on any of my 19 cameras. They give you 24 hours free storage on unlimited cameras I believe.

Last edited:

d.steve

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
@Itinj24, it’s definitely not viable for your use case. :(

The circle 2 supports two concurrent streams - one for recording leaves one for live view or a second recording. So, they made it so that HSV mode takes both and Circle app/google/amazon are not available.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Have to say I didn’t see that one coming. I’m really surprised that HSV blocks access to other apps. This really should be down to user choice in my opinion.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
@Itinj24, it’s definitely not viable for your use case. :(

The circle 2 supports two concurrent streams - one for recording leaves one for live view or a second recording. So, they made it so that HSV mode takes both and Circle app/google/amazon are not available.

Ah, I see. That definitely makes sense. So in the case with HSV, you’re actually gonna lose features by switching over, Day Brief which I love and use all the time and motion zones (which I didn’t use yet because of no Circle safe subscription- was waiting for HSV’s non existent implementation) Hopefully the fine minds at Apple will realize that some customers will be handcuffed with their current offering.

d.steve

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Yeah. We’ll see what caveats exist for other cameras as they add support, too.

I have the EufyCam 2 coming. Beta support is about to start. It has locally processed zones and object detection. Presumably done on the included base unit. So it remains to be seen whether it “preprocesses” this (possibly adding latency) before passing off to HSV or if it disables these features.

Last edited:

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Yeah. We’ll see what caveats exist for other cameras as they add support, too.

I have the EufyCam 2 coming. Beta support is about to start. It has locally processed zones and object detection. Presumably done on the included base unit. So it remains to be seen whether it “preprocesses” this (possibly adding latency) before passing off to HSV or if it disables these features.
True. This is is just the beginning. I mean it took this long to even get more cameras on HomeKit. The Eufy cams definitely look like good units too. I got burned with Ring so I’m gonna wait until the HomeKit integration is confirmed existent. Love the Logitechs but wireless cameras definitely have their advantages.

marklemac

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2003
Southampton, UK.
My only issue at the moment (and I've read similar on Twitter) is that the Circle 2 on HSV says camera "no response" when on LIVE VIEW when on the same WIFI network, however it is recording perfectly and I can play these back, and even the still image is up to date.

If I toggle my iPhone back to 4G I can see the LIVE VIEW perfectly.

This happens about 80-90% of the time.

I know it's beta, just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing. Before the HSV update the camera was always working just fine on live views.

:)

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
My only issue at the moment (and I've read similar on Twitter) is that the Circle 2 on HSV says camera "no response" when on LIVE VIEW when on the same WIFI network, however it is recording perfectly and I can play these back, and even the still image is up to date.

I know it's beta, just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing. Before the HSV update the camera was always working just fine on live views.

Not connected to HSV yet but I’m getting this issue with a lot of my accessories. My Home app freezes up too while this is happening.

d.steve

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012

Nope, but I’ve actually had the opposite happen twice.

Live view is fine but camera won’t detect motion or record. Can’t even turn on/off the status light.

Rebooting camera fixed it once. Had to reboot the home hub the other time.

What you’re talking about is usually a WiFi issue traversing 2.4 and 5 GHz.
But maybe try the last bullet point about improving connectivity here?

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
Nope, but I’ve actually had the opposite happen twice.

Live view is fine but camera won’t detect motion or record. Can’t even turn on/off the status light.

Rebooting camera fixed it once. Had to reboot the home hub the other time.

What you’re talking about is usually a WiFi issue traversing 2.4 and 5 GHz.
But maybe try the last bullet point about improving connectivity here?

Yeah I’m having a major issue I changed to the 200gb plan and set it to record and stream with all motion detected but I’m not seeing the timeline or recording just the live camera view I reset my camera and nothing I’m dealing with Apple support it’s a major issue not sure how to fix it, I have 2 homepods and Apple TV as homehub

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Yeah I’m having a major issue I changed to the 200gb plan and set it to record and stream with all motion detected but I’m not seeing the timeline or recording just the live camera view I reset my camera and nothing I’m dealing with Apple support it’s a major issue not sure how to fix it, I have 2 homepods and Apple TV as homehub

Dan, take a breath and use punctuation please. Your posts are bloody hard works sometimes (for me at least)

Back OT, how many cameras have you got?

Last edited:

DeKa

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2002
Sydney Australia
If I have the 1.1.1.1 app with Warp+ active when I’m away from home the camera stream doesn’t work. If I disable the app, the camera stream works.

I’ve logged a ticket with Cloudflare but thought I’d post it here in case others are struggling to figure it out. I suppose it could be a VPN issue in general.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.