Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
I just purchased a HomePod. I have the Caseta lights with their bridge. Hey Siri will work on my iPhone, but when I ask HomePod to turn on/off lights it says that it can't find anything in my home. Trying to get it fixed and I noticed on my MacBook home app it will show the rooms I have set up but not show any of the lights. Any help or ideas to get the HomePod/Mac to recognize that I have HomeKit lights?

• Love
Reactions: DeepIn2U

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Did you set the HomePod up with the iPhone that works with the lights?

Are the devices signed in under the same iCloud and using keychain + two factor authentication?

If you open the home app on the iPhone can you find the lights? Can you find the HomePod?

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
Did you set the HomePod up with the iPhone that works with the lights?

Are the devices signed in under the same iCloud and using keychain + two factor authentication?

If you open the home app on the iPhone can you find the lights? Can you find the HomePod?
Yes to all of the above. It seems to be that the HomePod doesn’t recognize me maybe. Apple tech support is supposed looking into it.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Are all of the devices on the same WiFi network? 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks would be considered 2 different networks.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
The Caseta bridge doesn't support WiFi, right?

Does the Caseta app show all of the lights?

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Basics first... When you open the Home app on your iPhone, is the HomePod in there? If you go into "Hubs & Bridges" do you see the HomePod listed there too? Just want to make sure it really is part of the same logical Home.

I have an unresolved HomePod Siri issue with one room in the house. On the iPhone, I can use the word "lights" but the HomePod will fail the same command unless I use the word "lamps" instead. Still haven't figured that one out...

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
Basics first... When you open the Home app on your iPhone, is the HomePod in there? If you go into "Hubs & Bridges" do you see the HomePod listed there too? Just want to make sure it really is part of the same logical Home.

I have an unresolved HomePod Siri issue with one room in the house. On the iPhone, I can use the word "lights" but the HomePod will fail the same command unless I use the word "lamps" instead. Still haven't figured that one out...
Yes. I see everything on the phone app. When I ask the HomePod who I am it says it doesn’t know who I am and to turn on recognize my voice in the home app which I’ve done.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
It is odd that neither HomePod nor Macbook think you have lights in the home. I think what I would try next is to turn both of them off. Open Home on the iPhone, make a small change like move a lamp from room A to room B, save the change, move it back and save again. Then turn the Macbook back on and see if the Home app on the Mac pulls the new config from iCloud. It should. If that succeeds, plug the HomePod back in and give it a few mins to sync and try the requests again. At that point, a failure might mean it's worth a full reset of the HomePod and set up as new again (only takes a minute or so).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.