Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

esf215

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2013
anyone having problems with their HomePod not playing their playlist when having multiple users turned on. Its plays everything but the playlist that I want.

For example. I said Siri play my workout playlist. it will play another playlist or some of type of gym music playlist

Last edited:

wwchris

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I am having this issue with only a single user.
I have an Apple Music Subscription and iTunes Match. Previously, it played my personal playlists (let's say "Play Chris Favorite Classic Rock") but now it just says Playlist not found. I have reset the homepod multiple times and set up always seems to go fine, but it just doesn't find my playlists. Also, happening on both of my Homepods.

Reactions: kagharaht

cxc273

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
I've encountered a similar issue. My HomePod no longer plays any of my playlists, nor does it play specific song requests — I get the "I can't find that music in your library" error (I am only an iTunes Match subscriber, not an Apple Music subscriber). AirPlay functionality is still working.

I did extensive research on Apple's support forums — I tried resetting the HomePod, removing the HomePod from my HomeKit app and setting it up again, turning my router, iPhone, iPad and Apple TVs off and turning them back on, signing out of iCloud, etc. None of the suggested solutions worked.

I contacted AppleCare support last night, and they suggested turning off Recognize My Voice on HomeKit on my iPhone, which also did not work.

I suspect that the issue may stem from the 13.2.1 HomePod update, since this is a fairly new occurrence for me. Apple said their engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix, but they did not have a timeline, nor did they disclose how many units were potentially affected.

I bought a second HomePod last week and have been reluctant to set it up. If this issue persists, I may return the item, since my faith in the device is a bit shaken right now.

I know this doesn't help anyone who's experiencing the issue, but know that you've got company.

jgonzo

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2009
Had the same issue! Worked great before 13.2.1 update and then wouldn’t play playlists with Siri.

Turn off 'Recognize My Voice' in Home app settings.

That worked for me!

wwchris

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Yup, I was just coming in here to post that same thing about turning off recognize my voice. Talked to Apple support about it, they said they are aware and working on a fix for the next release.

cxc273

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Just wanted to follow up on my post. So the issue has been resolved and my HomePod is acting fine using 13.2.1. I didn't do anything — it just started working fine on Wednesday.

Interestingly, I unboxed and set up another HomePod that did not have 13.2.1 and encountered the same issue. However, once I updated to the latest firmware, the new HomePod was also acting just fine.

tanarro

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2015
I am still having this issue. I have tried everything (resetting, updating, turning features on and off, ...) and nothing. Am I the only one now? Thanks.

Reactions: kagharaht

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
I am having this issue with only a single user.
I have an Apple Music Subscription and iTunes Match. Previously, it played my personal playlists (let's say "Play Chris Favorite Classic Rock") but now it just says Playlist not found. I have reset the homepod multiple times and set up always seems to go fine, but it just doesn't find my playlists. Also, happening on both of my Homepods.
This is happening to both HomePods at home. It also stops recognizing request to play NPR station. It says it can’t create that station. something is definitely wrong or the recent update screwed things up again!

Reactions: crouch

tanarro

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2015
I talked to Apple Support a few days ago, apparently they are aware of this issue and encourage all of us to use airplay...

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
Had the same issue! Worked great before 13.2.1 update and then wouldn’t play playlists with Siri.

Turn off 'Recognize My Voice' in Home app settings.

That worked for me!
I’ve done that and it still doesn’t work for me. I have reset the homeods and start from scratch and still not resolved.

crouch

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
This is happening to both HomePods at home. It also stops recognizing request to play NPR station. It says it can’t create that station. something is definitely wrong or the recent update screwed things up again!
Ug, this same thing started happening to both of my HomePods this morning. Both were fine just yesterday. Nothing has changed! Apple Radio stations no longer work, nor my playlists. What's annoying is that I can reach both of these things (Apple Radio stations, and my playlists) using Siri on my iPhone, all while standing next to the HomePods. I've even tried restarting them, but that had no effect.

tanarro

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2015
Ok, it got fixed for me, no software update or anything. I assume it got fixed on their side of things...

Seanyboy

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
This has been driving me mad for the past few weeks. The HomePod will play tracks and albums on request but not my playlists.
I’ve removed it from my HomeKit setup and done the harder power off reset but it still persists. If it didn’t sound so good I would be hating it right now!

esf215

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2013
Ok, it got fixed for me, no software update or anything. I assume it got fixed on their side of things...

Nope still not working for me, maybe they are slowing rolling out the fix

crouch

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
I did what jgonzo posted and it WORKED!

"Turn off 'Recognize My Voice' in Home app settings."
Tried that, it doesn't work for me unfortunately. Though mine was already defaulted to off? I switched the settings back and forth, but no luck either way.

Glad to know it worked for a few of you though!

crouch

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
UPDATE: I got mine to work again! Using the Home app, I clicked on "Reset HomePod..." and then chose "Remove Accessory". I basically set them both up from scratch again, which fixed the issue. For now, at least :)

V_Man

Cancelled
Aug 1, 2013
Scary that the HomePod is having such bugs now. I just bought my first. Glad I messed the update that bricked homepods

Reactions: Howard Brazee

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I've had the issue since the most recent update. Finally got playlists working!!!!

Go to Home app on your phone
Edit your Home
Click on your name/icon
Turn OFF recognize my voice

esf215

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2013
I've had the issue since the most recent update. Finally got playlists working!!!!

Go to Home app on your phone
Edit your Home
Click on your name/icon
Turn OFF recognize my voice

if you do that then it won't read your message , etc

robertpolson

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
Installed the latest update. When I ask who am I, Siri recognizes me. When I ask Siri to play any of my iTunes Match playlists, it can’t find any.

Asking Siri to play a playlists on my iPhone works fine.

frumpywumpy

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
I installed the update the day it came out and also still have the problem (I've tried restarting, resetting, logging out of iCloud first, restarting, logging back in, etc)

Howard Brazee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2006
Lafayette CO
Turning off "recognize my voice" didn't resolve anything. Lots of times my HomePod doesn't know what playlist it's playing. Now it can't find any playlist. I can have my iMac, my iPad or iPhone play on the HomePod as if it was just a remote speaker. I have family Apple Music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.