Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Mhmm. Same. Browsing safari for not even an hour drains the battery 10+%. Like... what??? iOS 13 reminds me so much of 11.?

In terms of battery life every next iOS version is worse than the previous one for the device that supports both. iPhone X had way better battery life on iOS 11, 12 worse, 13 worse still.

MarioPhone96

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2017
New York
In terms of battery life every next iOS version is worse than the previous one for the device that supports both. iPhone X had way better battery life on iOS 11, 12 worse, 13 worse still.
True. Though I remember iOS 12 being better than iOS 11 in every aspect. 13 is like 11 where it’s worse than it’s predecessor.

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
So, I went to Apple yesterday and brought to run diagnostics on the above. Of course, nothing showed up and they were surprised at how quickly Siri was draining my battery. Of course, they told me to erase everything and setup as new. So far, that has not worked, as the same battery issues on all three devices continued last night with Siri.

I guess next step is to erase everything again and don’t install everything and see if that causes Siri battery drain. Frustrating, as why does the battery health tell me what app is draining the battery using Siri.

Have you tried just disabling Siri instead? See if that helps

Reactions: MarioPhone96

appleman3000

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2019
Before 13.2.3 I was at 100%. Went from 99% battery health this morning to 96%. ?‍♂️?‍♂️

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
My battery life woes continue even after update to 13.3. Numerous calls with support and nothing is resolved. Siri is still the main culprit. Have so much turned off on my iPhone now and barebones install of apps that not sure how battery life is degrading, especially with Siri on my 11 Pro. Apple has sent to engineers. Wish they could figure it out.

It must be tied to my Apple ID, as our son’s and now my wife’s phone are not having issues. Only my iPad Pro 11 and iPhone Pro 11. Baffling.... :(

badatusernames

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2018
My battery life woes continue even after update to 13.3. Numerous calls with support and nothing is resolved. Siri is still the main culprit. Have so much turned off on my iPhone now and barebones install of apps that not sure how battery life is degrading, especially with Siri on my 11 Pro. Apple has sent to engineers. Wish they could figure it out.

It must be tied to my Apple ID, as our son’s and now my wife’s phone are not having issues. Only my iPad Pro 11 and iPhone Pro 11. Baffling.... :(

Do you use HomeKit and Hue lights?

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Yes - been through all that though and that was not the issue. So far, Apple does not know either, all the information is with their Engineers. They did swap out my phone tonight to make sure it is nothing hardware related.

FYI - I don’t have Homekit or Hue on my iPhone right now, just bare minimum apps.

Reactions: badatusernames
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.