Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechAndOSWorld

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2018
Slovakia
There is a way to change NC to dark in macOS Sierra without replacing system files (it may be glitchy).
You need to have SIP disabled
Then, you need to download mySIMBL from GitHub: https://github.com/w0lfschild/mySIMBL/releases
After opening it, you will be prompted to install SIMBL. Install it.
Then go to "Discover" and click on "Wolf's plugins".
In there, find darkNC and install it.
After installing, restart NC (or log off and log on back).
And you're done.
(And maybe it'll work in macOS High Sierra too)
Snímka obrazovky 2018-01-14 o 11.42.09.png

[doublepost=1515928561][/doublepost]And with mySIMBL, you can enable dark theme in other apps like Finder or System Preferences.
Snímka obrazovky 2018-01-14 o 11.31.20.png
Snímka obrazovky 2018-01-14 o 11.31.12.png
Snímka obrazovky 2018-01-14 o 12.12.42.png

blankmann

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2018
Since my previous post I have removed the hack and reverted back to the original NC color.
While it originally looked good there were several things that did not work properly, so for me at least it was a no-go.

Hi Jbarley,

Wonder if you can help.

So, my NC is simply not opening and... being an idiot I seem to have misplaced my originals.

lol.

My calendar Notifications weren't working so... being an idiot, I decided to update to the latest OS to try and fix it.

Now NC simply doesn't open. At all.

Advise?

Cheers.

tubegeek

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2018
Brooklyn NY
I can confirm that this hack by foxlet DOES NOT WORK in High Sierra 10.13.6. Things look OK after reverting back to the original framework and app.

Thanks anyway, foxlet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.