Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many are Prime members?

• Me!

Votes: 153 82.7%
  • Not me..

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Thinking about it..

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
No. Amazon is not yet in the Nordics. Some folks order from the UK or Germany but I don't know if they offer Prime to out-of-country customers.

Hope it becomes available there soon.. btw it’s on my bucket list to visit!

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Is there like a ‘Black Friday preview’ for amazon at all? I’m surprised I haven’t seen anything yet and we are pretty much a week away

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Thanksgiving is late this year, November 28th, so Black Friday isn't until the 29th. You would think we would start seeing something pretty soon now.

Right? Especially alot of the big box retailers are already having ‘early’ deals leading up to it. We are pretty much a week away.

jeyf

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2009
i'll use amazon even prime but just first choice.

online retailers started charging sales tax.
porch pirates are still a concern for the more expensive amazon items
for the brick mortar stores i frequent, i know the worker peeps
i am more conservative on amazon buys, hassle to return items

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
it is? I’ve only returned a couple items and all I did was print the label and drop the box off at Fed Ex. It was simple.

Sure but amazon can cancel you at their whim (which would really suck given my digital purchases). I try not to return much there.

But also vine reviewer so amazon is a golden goose for me for years now. Let’s just say every year I get a 1099 for 10k plus.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Sure but amazon can cancel you at their whim...

I’ve only read about a few people being cancelled for purported abuse. I’ll leave that issue between Amazon and them. It certainly isn’t a rampant problem and I tend to give deference to Amazon. They aren’t in business to cancel people from ordering.

By the way, many consumers overvalue their position.

But back to the topic of returns; I‘ve found it very simple, convenient, and rare.

Reactions: akash.nu and max2

Javabird

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
i'll use amazon even prime but just first choice.

online retailers started charging sales tax.
porch pirates are still a concern for the more expensive amazon items
for the brick mortar stores i frequent, i know the worker peeps
i am more conservative on amazon buys, hassle to return items

Porch pirates are indeed a problem, but one solution is have it sent to an Amazon Locker near you.

Reactions: max2

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I’ve only read about a few people being cancelled for purported abuse. I’ll leave that issue between Amazon and them. It certainly isn’t a rampant problem and I tend to give deference to Amazon. They aren’t in business to cancel people from ordering.

Agreed. Those are people that are constantly returning items and abusing the system. I return things every once in a while and have no hesitation about doing so.

Reactions: Gutwrench and max2

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Just got an email from Amazon saying that Amazon Fresh (grocery delivery) is now free with Prime. Was $15 a month.

I signed up for the Amazon Fresh trial last month to have my Mac mini delivered to me the same day. Amazon had it discounted $50 so I figured why not? So weird getting a computer delivered in a grocery bag. Not kidding. It was in a grocery bag. ?
I've seen that. My boss got an iPad for work delivered to us at the warehouse. We were looking at the woman like we didn't order any food. ? We see the boss' name on it, open the brown bag, and in it is an iPad. Just a weird sight.
[automerge]1574537348[/automerge]
I just re-upped, too, as my subscription came due this week, so the auto-renewal took care of that. I'm spoiled by the fast delivery of everything -- very often so much faster than going to a store and looking around and hoping that the store has the desired item!
That's been one of my greatest issues with Amazon. The auto renewal for myself & others I've read, for some reason email notification goes to spam. No other email message, and for some reason there isn't a notification from Amazon while I am on the site. I just end up noticing it on a statement I was charged for my membership. I wish they'd put a notification in a message while you are on the site, it doesn't have to have personal info, just a note saying you're membership is set for renewal in x amount of time.

Reactions: TopherMan12

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I've seen that. My boss got an iPad for work delivered to us at the warehouse. We were looking at the woman like we didn't order any food. ? We see the boss' name on it, open the brown bag, and in it is an iPad. Just a weird sight.
[automerge]1574537348[/automerge]

That's been one of my greatest issues with Amazon. The auto renewal for myself & others I've read, for some reason email notification goes to spam. No other email message, and for some reason there isn't a notification from Amazon while I am on the site. I just end up noticing it on a statement I was charged for my membership. I wish they'd put a notification in a message while you are on the site, it doesn't have to have personal info, just a note saying you're membership is set for renewal in x amount of time.

If you look on the site itself under your account and subscriptions, it tells you there what the renewal will be. A few weeks ago I got to thinking about it, but I had only a general idea that it would be sometime this autumn, wasn't sure whether or it were October or November. A quick check verified for me that it was November, with the exact date. I definitely wanted to renew, so the auto-renewal was fine with me.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
If you look on the site itself under your account and subscriptions, it tells you there what the renewal will be. A few weeks ago I got to thinking about it, but I had only a general idea that it would be sometime this autumn, wasn't sure whether or it were October or November. A quick check verified for me that it was November, with the exact date. I definitely wanted to renew, so the auto-renewal was fine with me.
It wasn't an issue of knowing when, I found the email when people said to search in your spam. I just think it would be nice if they gave you a reminder when you are on the site or in app, in addition.

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
I'm a prime member in Amazon-México. In Amazon US I didn't continue past the trial period, it wasn't worthy the price.

Is there like a ‘Black Friday preview’ for amazon at all? I’m surprised I haven’t seen anything yet and we are pretty much a week away
There was a preview in Amazon México for "El Buen Fin" (our third world version of Black Friday).

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I love the convenience of sitting here at the computer and thinking, "gee, I'd really like a new [name of item]...." and going to Amazon and quickly finding said item in their vast listings, clicking the One Click button and the next day the item is on my doorstep! I especially appreciate it for items which may not be available in local stores. I try to support the local merchants as much as possible but some things they just do not carry.

Reactions: MisterSavage
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.