Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbanracer34

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
I have a 1st gen pair I bought last year, and I am looking to upgrade to the AirPods Pro in the (very) near future.

Here's the kickers about my old ones:
  • Used almost daily since acquiring them, with no noticeable loss in Battery Life since buying them.
  • Reserved at local Best Buy on day of purchase (have email saying so,) and bought at Best Buy same day, but (according to the S/N) Apple has no date on when they were sold on file. Official receipt from BB is considered lost and AirPods (based on date of email of reservation) are long out of warranty.
I would like to know how much CAD I would get for them? I would make sure they got a good cleaning before selling to the next owner (already have a coworker in mind who may be interested in buying them.)

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2010
I have a 1st gen pair I bought last year, and I am looking to upgrade to the AirPods Pro in the (very) near future.

Here's the kickers about my old ones:
  • Used almost daily since acquiring them, with no noticeable loss in Battery Life since buying them.
  • Reserved at local Best Buy on day of purchase (have email saying so,) and bought at Best Buy same day, but (according to the S/N) Apple has no date on when they were sold on file. Official receipt from BB is considered lost and AirPods (based on date of email of reservation) are long out of warranty.
I would like to know how much CAD I would get for them? I would make sure they got a good cleaning before selling to the next owner (already have a coworker in mind who may be interested in buying them.)

actually just saw a pair go for $10 us!

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Just sold my gen 1s on eBay for a total £105. I say ‘total’ as I listed each of the 3 components separately as there seemed to be an opportunity to maximise my return targetting those who had perhaps lost a single part as opposed to try to stand out from the crowd of others offloading their full set.

Reactions: haruhiko

urbanracer34

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Just a follow-up post.

Bought my AirPods Pro and received them last week. Sold my 1st-gen for $140 CAD, but not to the co-worker I mentioned. Had some luck on Kijiji.

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2019
Sold mine for $65 on Mercari but I was in a hurry. I think I could have gotten more if I hadn’t been. They sold in about 5 minutes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.