Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alfamac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2019
I would to change the default white icon for the empty album. Especially for the Apple TV.
I listen often the iTunes playlists on my ATV, and often more album icons are empty (often for itunes bugs...)

It terribly clashes with the decor of my living room...
Too bad because the rest of the graphics in iTunes Home Sharing is simply wonderful.

Can any esthete help me?

amagichnich

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2017
Stuttgart, Germany
I would to change the default white icon for the empty album. Especially for the Apple TV.
I listen often the iTunes playlists on my ATV, and often more album icons are empty (often for itunes bugs...)

It terribly clashes with the decor of my living room...
Too bad because the rest of the graphics in iTunes Home Sharing is simply wonderful.

Can any esthete help me?
If the icon is correctly displayed in iTunes but not in ATV or anywhere else, right click -> info one song, drag the icon to your desktop. Right click -> info on the album and apply the cover. This can fix it in many cases. An incorrectly applied cover can be detected through finder too. Open the corresponding folder in Finder and check if the song has a cover there. If not, apply the fix from above
[doublepost=1556451348][/doublepost]I do not know of any easy way to change the default icon but it should be in the iTunes app resources folder

Alfamac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2019
Thnaks, just I know already how to fix manually the icons, but I've a massive problem of empty icons and i looking for a radically solution... Often I change the ATV settings from White to Dark, but but after a while it is dismal.

I've just explored the content package iTunes but only icon changed is in the docks bar.
I need of a icon's guru...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.