Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Hello, All:

I have a Mac mini mid-2011 which had bad hard disk. I replaced with a new SSD. I also have a 2013 MacBook Air which runs the MacOS Catalina.

I am trying to figure out a way for me to download MacOS High Sierra for the Mac mini, because macOS High Sierra is the latest supported MacOS.

I could not figure out a way for me to download the macOS High Sierra from Mac App Store. Is there a way for me to download?

Thanks

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
That will probably install lion 10.7 if so then you will have to update the os using the App Store.

Only if launching with “Shift” held down as well. And even then, it’ll install “the closest to original that is still available”, which I’d be surprised if Lion is still on their download servers. (This is outlined in the tech support link)

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
After getting to Catalina I’ve seen this problem too. Until Mojave, I was able to download all the previous macOS versions I had installed before. On Catalina I couldn’t find that tab to download the previous versions.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
It is.
Last time I had to reinstall on that same it gave me lion. And that Wes less then two months ago.

On other note, I went into Apple Store and the store employee did the installation for me. The Store employee suggest me install macOS Sierra instead of macOS High Sierra. He said macOS High Sierra had some issue with screen flickering and it is generally unstable compared with Sierra.

My questions is is macOS High Sierra is that bad... should I upgrade to High Sierra. I believe this High Sierra is the last supported macOS for this particular Mac mini.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
If "Low" Sierra is working well for you, I wouldn't bother with High Sierra. Let the 2011 be happy with "the low".

Fishrrman's credo:
"Use what works..."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.